Saints fight to avoid disclosing emails in Catholic abuse crisis (MERGED) (2 Viewers)

I agree. Good thing the Saints were doing the opposite of advising a coverup. They were helping with a strategy on releasing the names of the guilty priests going back to the 1960's in the New Orleans Archdiocese. And from their statement, they gave the best PR advice there is in this kind of situation.

Did you read a different statement than I read? Maybe it's getting late in the day and my reading comprehension is failing.

Yep. I see loss of 5 draft picks and just for good measure Sean gets suspended for a year. While the Pats sleeping with prostitutes gets no notice

fork Goodell and the NFL but no way in hell is soliciting the services of a hooker even in the same solar system as what the offending parties in the Catholic church have done.

fork Goodell and the NFL but no way in hell is soliciting the services of a hooker even in the same solar system as what the offending parties in the Catholic church have done.
You may be correct. I am traveling and honestly don’t know what this is all about

“The advice was simple and never wavering. Be direct, open and fully transparent, while making sure that all law enforcement agencies were alerted,” the team said.

Seems ok to me.

Human trafficking was involved in that stuff with Kraft. It's all a bad look if you ask me.

So any lawyer who reprsents an accused child molestor you would consider slimy?

The Saints front office aren't lawyers!!!

I'm sorry...but if you are a business owner...you DO NOT voluntarily put yourself in this position. I was an enormous mistake. Stupidity beyond comprehension. I honestly don't care about the details of the case, because just the knowledge that the Saints put themselves in this position really makes me question the decision making of the people at the top of our organization.

Then why the need to try to spin it at all? And why try and hide the emails detailing those attempts?

And I can tell you for a fact that the list they released is not comprehensive.
You ever express any opinion besides the subject at hand in an email? You can get banned on this board for cracking a joke about a political party on the SSF; can you imagine what the press would do with any opinion someone voices in a private email that has nothing to do with the subject in question - perhaps a comment about a person you know or a comment about a politician that you wouldn't share publicly - something to the effect of "yeah, I think that guy is a donkey"? It's not "hiding something". It's keeping private communications private. They have zero constitutional or legal right to make those emails public. The emails has ZERO to do with committing or covering up a crime; consultation of this kind may and should be privelaged.

You ever express any opinion besides the subject at hand in an email? You can get banned on this board for cracking a joke about a political party on the SSF; can you imagine what the press would do with any opinion someone voices in a private email that has nothing to do with the subject in question - perhaps a comment about a person you know or a comment about a politician that you wouldn't share publicly - something to the effect of "yeah, I think that guy is a donkey"? It's not "hiding something". It's keeping private communications private. They have zero constitutional or legal right to make those emails public. The emails has ZERO to do with committing or covering up a crime; consultation of this kind may and should be privelaged.

It sure would be odd for me to crack a joke about something in the same email in which I was advising someone how to best deal with the release of information about pedophiles in my organization.

Barring any drastic changes to the situation, if I'm the NFL, I would take a page from the NBA'S book, and force Gayle Benson to sell the team. Can you imagine what parents must be thinking right now. This includes players, coaches, managemet, and other employees within the NFL, not only fans. If true, this is awful behavior and should be punished.
This is completely ridiculuos. Gayle Benson, nor the Saints, committed no crime; not only that, but as was pointed out earlier, the Archbishop whom the Benson's are friends with and were assisting had nothing to do with the crimes nor the cover-up -- all that happened decades before he became Archbishop. The crimes are as horrible as there is, but the outrage shouldn't be directed at those who are trying to fix the mess decades later. At least have the damn facts before you start popping off about "what the NFL needs to do".

It sure would be odd for me to crack a joke about something in the same email in which I was advising someone how to best deal with the release of information about pedophiles in my organization.
Doesn't have to be a joke. It could be a political or religious opinion. Point is, why don't you disclose your text and email records to the entire world? When you say something about anything - could be whether you prefer paper or plastic - it could be made into something polarizing. It's one thing when you say something publicly meant for public consumption, but quite another if we are speaking in private, via a means that is meant to remain private.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom