Saints fight to avoid disclosing emails in Catholic abuse crisis (MERGED) (2 Viewers)

You should wait until final verdict is out ..

Who says i’m not waiting, or that i’m jumping to conclusions? I clearly used the word ‘potential.’

potential
[ puh-ten-shuh l ]SHOW IPA
SEE SYNONYMS FOR potential ON THESAURUS.COM
adjective
possible, as opposed to actual: the potential uses of nuclear energy.

capable of being or becoming: a potential danger.

I’m telling everyone right now this is going to get ugly . Worse then bounty gate type ugly .

I’m not saying I agree that it should get ugly but it will.

I’m telling everyone right now this is going to get ugly . Worse then bounty gate type ugly .

Like how?
Sell the team?
Nothing has been linked to any coaches/players.

Quoting this post for posterity, because i believe you might be right.

I too hope this goes away, but anything sensational and vaguely controversial has a tendency to catch fire, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the ‘haters’ of the Saints, or the NFL, or whoever jump on this and blow it up.

Hope i’m wrong.

I too hope this goes away, but anything sensational and vaguely controversial has a tendency to catch fire, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the ‘haters’ of the Saints, or the NFL, or whoever jump on this and blow it up.

Hope i’m wrong.
If something was seriously covered up, or the Saints were involved to that extent, it would be taking over every channel last week when the AP first reported it.

Hope i’m wrong.
Speaking from a fan perspective...

Just our affiliation alone will make our fans the butt of jokes and always have this stigma on us, fairly or not, about how we are a dirty organization with this and Bounty Gate.

There should be some firings off this from the pure stupidity of getting involved in ANY way.

Speaking from a fan perspective...

Just our affiliation alone will make our fans the butt of jokes and always have this stigma on us, fairly or not, about how we are a dirty organization with this and Bounty Gate.

There should be some firings off this from the pure stupidity of getting involved in ANY way.

I agree with you that heads should roll if the involvement was shown to be anything more than PR advice.. Hell, even if it IS just PR advice, i still think there should be firings because the team shouldn’t be anywhere near Catholicism... But i sort of disagree with you about ‘fans becoming the butt of jokes’.. I mean, yeah maybe, but we’ve been the butt of jokes before- the more pressing issue for me is can I personally continue to support a team , emotionally and financially, if they are found to have been involved or tried to help cover up things related in any way to Child Rape.

For now, i’ll plan to renew my season tickets when the payment’s due in a month or two from now- but then we’ll see where all this leads.. .. Hopefuly it’ll be a dead end.

I agree with you that heads should roll if the involvement was shown to be anything more than PR advice.. Hell, even if it IS just PR advice, i still think there should be firings because the team shouldn’t be anywhere near Catholicism... But i sort of disagree with you about ‘fans becoming the butt of jokes’.. I mean, yeah maybe, but we’ve been the butt of jokes before- the more pressing issue for me is can I personally continue to support a team , emotionally and financially, if they are found to have been involved or tried to help cover up things related in any way to Child Rape.

For now, i’ll plan to renew my season tickets when the payment’s due in a month or two from now- but then we’ll see where all this leads.. .. Hopefuly it’ll be a dead end.
I mean its minuscule in the big picture of things but what I meant is any trash talk we get you'll have a fan saying "Least I don't cheer for a team that shields child predators" or whatever. I've already seen it on Twitter. Again, completely minuscule in the big picture of things but an annoyance nonetheless.

I mean its minuscule in the big picture of things but what I meant is any trash talk we get you'll have a fan saying "Least I don't cheer for a team that shields child predators" or whatever. I've already seen it on Twitter. Again, completely minuscule in the big picture of things but an annoyance nonetheless.

Oh, i got what you were saying 100%.. I’m just trying to add a little perspective.. We are big boys and girls, we can take teasing from other fans.. It’s like kids in a schoolyard, they’ll always find things to pick on you for.. But you’re right that that’s minuscule; i hope that the team’s involvement with the church was as well.

Oh, i got what you were saying 100%.. I’m just trying to add a little perspective.. We are big boys and girls, we can take teasing from other fans.. It’s like kids in a schoolyard, they’ll always find things to pick on you for.. But you’re right that that’s minuscule; i hope that the team’s involvement with the church was as well.
The key is that the Saints haven’t been named in a lawsuit. They are not implicated. They just want the emails to build a case against the Archdiocese.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom