Article Saints Film Room: Does the tape show either Teddy Bridgewater or Taysom Hill is ready? (1 Viewer)

RevDeuceWindham

Player Evaluator/Analyst for The Athletic
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
This was a really fun one to dive into. Be prepared, it's about 3,000 words and a lot of film clips, and even with all that it's still only going to add fuel to an ever raging fire. I compare things each does better than the other, and maybe, just maybe, give a peak inside the vision for both of these players moving forward. Are either the replacement and heir-apparent to Drew Brees? I still don't think anyone is going to be able to properly fill those shoes, but it's a lot of fun watching Teddy and Taysom work to earn the keys to the Saints offense.

Article teaser:

Now let’s look at his touchdown pass to Austin Carr in the second preseason game against the Los Angeles Chargers. Sadly, the NFL does not give us All-22 for preseason film so I’m going to have to guess on a few details here. Essentially, the Saints give Hill a levels passing concept.

Carr said it best Monday. This ball comes to him .1% of the time. The middle receiver here is running an out-and-up behind Grayson’s post route. This should be the last read as it takes the longest to develop and likely will be covered in either a zone or man coverage situation. However, a credit to Hill is that he recognized the blown coverage as soon as he started his progression. When Carr’s defender bailed and Grayson’s defender started following him up the post route, Hill knew he had an easy touchdown coming.

View attachment HillProgressionRead.mp4

Attachments

• Taysom arm Strength.mp4
    3.7 MB
Last edited:
They both ready. One is improving and the other is a vet who just had a bad game.

Hmm, odd, thanks for the catch!
Great article Rev! You and Will Guillory are the main reasons that I subscribe. My wife just bought me a 3 year extension (she reads the Saints articles too, so maybe she had an ulterior motive :unsure: ). Keep up the good work! Informative and fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom