Article Saints Film Room: The signing of Dez Bryant provides unique new weapon | Article, Short Video, & Open QnA (1 Viewer)

I agreed with the Cowboys letting him go, if you don't have a QB that can hit the target you don't build your team with great WRs. Dak only threw 59% good balls, Drew throws like 99%, it will be night and day. Cowboys should run the ball and play defense or get a QB

While 30 is the point where we start talking decline, on the plus side he is coming in fresh for the stretch run so going into week 9, probably more like 10 when guys are starting to feel beat up, he isn’t. That’s huge. Also, this is the first real legit time where he has all the potential to get a super bowl ring. He never had that in Dallas. Never second guess a guy who comes into a good situation with very clearly attainable goals. For a short amount of time it can make 30 year old legs seem like 25 year old legs.

Spot on.
My only thing that gives me a slight pause, is I wonder about his ability to develop chemistry with Drew as our offense is predicated on that. And the playbook.

That’s it. If he can do/master those things I think this my friends will be a slam dunk.

And you are absolutely correct.
Even though our offense is good, there’s nothing wrong with trying to make it unstoppable
Well we are also down to only 2 legit wide receivers, and one of them is a rookie.

So this isn't about seeing if he can make us even better, this is out of necessity.

Well we are also down to only 2 legit wide receivers, and one of them is a rookie.

So this isn't about seeing if he can make us even better, this is out of necessity.

I know I’ve beaten this drum, but this is my take as well. Some don’t realize how thin we are there.

Ted Ginn had that reputation for dropping balls when he came to the Saints. While he did drop a couple here, nothing like the days when he had Cam slinging it at, or somewhat near him.

Brees throws at their eyes, and when he misses, it's usually low so the receiver's rib cage isn't opened up for a killshot. I think that keeps the receiver's concentration on the ball and not on his personal safety.

Hopefully being unemployed for the first half of the season has given him some perspective and he won't play the diva card like he has in the past. I don't think that act will play in this locker room, right Brandin Cooks?

Good points as always Rev.
Also, in fairness when you start comparing accuracy not too many can stand in the same room with DB9.
You know that. He’s the Doc Holiday of fast draw football accuracy. Imo.

As an aside, I bragged on you last night to my brother and a best friend.
Both of them die hard fans of other teams. Falcons and Redskins. Told em your story and that I was happy for you but envious too. And that they should subscribe to the Athletic. ?

My Falcon season ticket holder die hard friend said “man I’d be the ball boy for the Falcons for 60K a year.”

Told him I’d be the anything for the Saints, for free. Lol.

Keep up the good work man. You’re inspiring.

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. I'm still low man on the totem pole when it comes to writers covering the Saints, but it's been a really fun journey to get here and I'm excited about what's going to happen in the coming months/future. Funny enough, I actually do have a good friend who is a "ball boy" (works the field goal unit) for theFalcons. Great guy, even with his choice of fandoms.

While 30 is the point where we start talking decline, on the plus side he is coming in fresh for the stretch run so going into week 9, probably more like 10 when guys are starting to feel beat up, he isn’t. That’s huge. Also, this is the first real legit time where he has all the potential to get a super bowl ring. He never had that in Dallas. Never second guess a guy who comes into a good situation with very clearly attainable goals. For a short amount of time it can make 30 year old legs seem like 25 year old legs.

I definitely wasn't trying to shoot down Dez or his athletic ability. Just trying not to overhype anyone either. I try to stay even keel with analysis (when I can... though we all have favorites lol) and let the film/numbers talk. Boring, I know, lol.

I agreed with the Cowboys letting him go, if you don't have a QB that can hit the target you don't build your team with great WRs. Dak only threw 59% good balls, Drew throws like 99%, it will be night and day. Cowboys should run the ball and play defense or get a QB

Drew's placement compared to Dak's is really night and day. I went through hundreds of Dez snaps and, while I don't think Dak is trash, I do think theres been some regression from him since his rookie year. His decision making is off, and ball placement as well. That's not helping your veteran WR.

I think part of that is also that you ride the hot hand. I think Smith/Carr could catch more, and they are open on more plays, but when you have Thomas why risk it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom