Saints film study: Mark Ingram runs wild on 49ers (1 Viewer)

mrwhodat

Saintiac
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints film study: Mark Ingram runs wild on 49ers - Canal Street Chronicles

Breakdown of yards gained on the 15 carries for 158 yards:

1st Quarter: 4
2nd Quarter: 7, 3, 75, 4
3rd Quarter: 19, 0, 0
4th Quarter: 14, 11, 4, 2, 3, 7, 5

Even if you take out the big 75-yard touchdown out of the equation, Ingram averaged 5.92 yards per carry against the 49ers run defense. Obviously, they were the worst run defense in the NFL coming in, but that doesn’t mean the offensive line and Ingram didn’t do their job.

2nd Quarter (75-yard touchdown run): Just about everything goes right on this play, as Ingram gets two key blocks from Jahri Evans and a big one from Zach Strief. Senio Kelemete pulls and negates his defender from getting into the backfield. The open lane they generate is a thing of beauty.

Nov_08_2016_11_03_11.gif

hey look. Defender has illegal use of hands to Jahri facemask.

guess they "missed" that.

Didn't know Ingram had that speed. When I saw him break past the front seven I was like "he's about to get tackled" but then he put on the jets

The guy Strief blocked tried to reach Ingram with his arm. Good luck with that. You could drive a tank through that hole. The Saints' offensive line has been the most pleasant surprise of the season. And Ingram's performance last Sunday was amazing. Opposing defenses have a lot to be concerned about.

I've been critical on Ingram's ability to beat that last one on one tackle. Making his man miss. He seems to get tripped up or taken down, then slams the football down on the ground in frustration.

And that may be the reason some don't know about Ingram's speed. Because we don't see him running free that often.

But that play above, that looks like the hole Ingram ran through in Alabama. With the highlight play to boot.

I like Hightower starting and setting the tone. Then introducing Ingram later. Denver's Defense will be a great test.

Denvers defense has a strength in pass rushing, but not so much in run stopping this year. If the Saints commit, they should be able to do ok, if they can keep a very average Denver offense to keep being average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom