Saints fined $500,000, lose 7th round pick for maskless postgame celebration (1 Viewer)

Hard not to take this personal. Because it sure feels like it is...
It was considered a second offense. The league must do something to show that they aren't kidding about the pandemic protocols.

What angers me even more is that the Saints haven't been able to get conto of the players posting these locker room pics & vids. If I was the coach there is no doubt that there would have been a highly enforced policy to keep this kind of stuff out of public view. The Saints simply dropped the ball on this activity and got busted for it.

g0OL404.png

aren't all these players tested and cleared before the game...and they don't have to wear masks on sideline during the game...so what the hell changes after the game in a locker room? Just another fake reason to hurt the Saints. I'm pretty sure I've seen other post game locker room celebrations without masks on...where are those punishments?

The issue is *always* with Goodell. Like another poster said, we must never normalize the stupidity and incompetence on his part.

The players get tested every day. They are out there in close proximity on game days, probably the closest of any major sport. They aren't wearing masks on the field for the most part and they didn't GO anywhere. That's the amazing thing - if I understand it correctly, and maybe I don't, this was a celebration in their locker room. The same group of guys that were in close proximity 20 minutes before on the field. Post-game locker celebrations are the last thing any adult should be worried about.

Setting aside the fact that many teams have been doing this all year, it makes the commissioner look like a dumb clown that doesn't understand anything about basic science, the kind of science a kindergartener intuitively comprehends. The virus didn't magically teleport itself into the tunnel and infect everyone in between leaving the field and going to the locker room.

But that's what Goodell presents himself as. He wants to sting the Saints so badly he has to present himself as someone that believes the virus can magically awaken itself into the world like something out of one of the Brendan Frasier Mummy movies; he's totally okay coming off as that much of a moron that's in over his head in order to "punish" the Saints. I'm not mad that the Saints lost a pick, I'm just embarrassed for Goodell on his behalf that he's this dumb.

nothing to do with covid and everything to do with primetime humiliation of the clown's "special project"

Why do people have it in their heads that Roger Goodell has any particular special fondness for Brady?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom