Article Saints Four Keys To Victory Against the L.A. Rams this Sunday (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Finally, the New Orleans Saints were able to start off the season on a positive note. They were able to defeat the Houston Texans 30-28 in front of a sold out crowd on Monday Night Football. But the journey is far from over. Their next opponent is a familiar one in the Los Angeles Rams.

Saints Four Keys To Victory Against the L.A. Rams this Sunday

Finally, the New Orleans Saints were able to start off the season on a positive note. They were able to defeat the Houston Texans 30-28 in front of a sold out crowd on Monday Night Football. But the journey is far from over. Their next opponent is a familiar one in the Los Angeles Rams.

Saints Four Keys To Victory Against the L.A. Rams this Sunday

We should be able to run the ball well on them.

I think Cook or even Taysom can make a lot of plays in this game. We haven't played them yet having a real threat at TE. I think Wade Phillips will focus most his D's effort on Alvin and Mike, so TE should have some opportunities.

I think Rams got worse in a lot of areas. While got better.

They are about to realize that you can't buy a championship. Got Brandin Cooks to be a 16 million dollar Ted Ginn.

We should be able to run the ball well on them.

I think Cook or even Taysom can make a lot of plays in this game. We haven't played them yet having a real threat at TE. I think Wade Phillips will focus most his D's effort on Alvin and Mike, so TE should have some opportunities.

Agree.

This is exactly the type of game we got Cook for: last year they sold out on stopping CGM and AK in the second game.

Cook had 9 catches for 180 yards last year against the Rams. One of those three guys will be single covered on each snap (unless it’s a zone Brees can pick apart).

For the sake of going out a little more on a limb than the article, in my opinion, if Kupp has more than 130 yards we lose, under 130 yards we win.

I think Carolina gave the secret away. Play intense in your face defense of Goff. Run against them, the Rams couldn't stop McCaffrey while excellent not as good as Kamara. Do a bunch of short to intermediate passes which Brees is great at. Then time to time put some homerun plays into the mix.

I think we'd all be kidding ourselves if we think this game will be anything but a dog fight wire to wire. Lutz needs to get a couple extra leg rub downs as his services will likely be needed again.

I think Carolina gave the secret away. Play intense in your face defense of Goff. Run against them, the Rams couldn't stop McCaffrey while excellent not as good as Kamara. Do a bunch of short to intermediate passes which Brees is great at. Then time to time put some homerun plays into the mix.

Agreed. I wonder if it was more by “design” that we ran the ball only 6 times in the first half. Is it possible that with only one drive under his belt with the starters during preseason, SP may have wanted to give Drew more passing “reps” in the first half?

All I know is, we had more run/pass balance in the second half, and Drew started clicking!

IF that version of the O goes into LA, picking up where it left off......!!!!!

From the Article:
1. Neutralize Todd Gurley.

2. Apply Pressure to Jared Goff Relentlessly.

3. Utilize Alvin Kamara’s Skill Set as a Wide Receiver.

4. The O-line Must Win the Battle Upfront Against Aaron Donald.

So run defense, generate sacks, prevent sacks, and use the screen game. Sounds like the plan for almost every game.

Sean and Drew know how to beat the Rams as we did it in the regular season and everyone knows we did it again in the playoffs (just can’t beat the Rams and the Ref’s). Our key players, MT and AK are a year improved and I hope last weeks win boosts their drive and doesn’t just give them big heads thinking they can over come anything.

If our Offense can just be super efficient, sustain long drives, and not make stupid mistakes we shouldn’t have any problems.

I was watching a preview of the Bucs-Panthers game last night. The analyst was showing some of Carolina versus rams plays while saying that Newton (still) needs to improve his accuracy. On many plays, panthers players were wide open and sCam overthrew them. If the rams play that same defense, Brees will carve them up.

I think we will handle Donald and utilize AKs skill set just fine. I’m very hopeful that we will get in Goff’s head with the rush.

Gurley bothers me a bit. I think we will see a very different game plan from what they showed Carolina and this game will be very hard to control if he gets up a head of steam.

Defensive performance from game plan all the way to individual execution is going to have to be head and shoulders above what we saw in the opener.

1....Stop the run
2....Special Team Field Position
3....Cut down on Penalties
4....Create Turnovers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom