Saints FPI says we now have an 80% chance of making the playoffs (1 Viewer)

Id love to know how they calculate those percentages this early in the season but Ill accept it. Remember that at one point Atlanta had a 99.6% chance to win the super bowl too
They basically take all the teams in past seasons that had a 4-2 record, and calculate how many made the playoffs.

The Saints still have to play Tampa twice, the Bills, the Titans, and the Cowboys. The Saints will probably be underdogs in all of those games.

Id love to know how they calculate those percentages this early in the season but Ill accept it. Remember that at one point Atlanta had a 99.6% chance to win the super bowl too
I think now is the time when teams get eliminated either from too many loses or tiebreakers.
You look at the NFC standings, the only teams outside the playoffs that have any shot are Atlanta, Chicago, and Carolina.
The Falcons/Panthers game is basically an elimination game. The Bears have to deal with the NFCN teams.
The rest of the NFC teams has at least 5 losses and at this point in the season, they’re basically eliminated.

I believe before the coin toss in overtime they stood only a 28.3% chance of winning, if I remember correctly

They basically take all the teams in past seasons that had a 4-2 record, and calculate how many made the playoffs.
I'd be embarrassed for them if the algorithm is that simple.

Obviously they take into effect the rest of our opponents.

Never Forget? :D:p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom