Saints free agent Jermon Bushrod visits Panthers ? (1 Viewer)

Mostly played a backup role, but I don't think he could be a full time starter so I could see him going elsewhere. He is also not the same Bushrod when we first had him. I think he's reached his peak.

Not a starter for a whole 16 game regular season, but he is a guy that all 32 teams would want. He can play almost every position on the line. Makes it easier for you if you have an injury. He can step in,and the offense doesnt skip a beat.

He is older, but I think he still has a lot a value to this team. Would love to see him back in the Black and Gold

I've never been sold on him even on the 09 team. My biggest issue is he seems to lack the ability to anchor. He's always been susceptible to a bull rush. That will only worsen as he ages.

As a backup I get it, but I wouldn't be mad at all if we used our 2nd round pick on a tackle that can play both sides. That way if Terron's body doesn't begin to hold up better we would already have a backup plan in place. As I've said in a different thread, we have to find a way to have some consistency on the left side of our line.

Ram played hurt at the end of last year also, but with Terron out he sucked it up. But in the overtime drive in the NFCCG our last two plays failed because of Ram. He had to double with Warford on one play and didn't touch the guy so he was able to bat down the pass and MT was wide open. On the Interception the following play he got beat by Fowler and Drew's arm was hit and thus our season over.

Arm got hit first. Head came after. Either way if he doesn't get beat that doesn't happen.
If it was Drew's head that got hit, then it was an unnecessary roughness penalty that should have been called.

If it was Drew's head that got hit, then it was an unnecessary roughness penalty that should have been called.
Right, but once again, if he makes the block none of it happens. Odds are we complete the throw to a guy who had a record year in catch %. Add to that his desire to be great and I have no doubt that if Ram does his job and Drew gets off a clean throw then we make that play. And if we don't make the catch then we can punt.

Last edited:
Right, but once again, if he makes the block none of it happens. Odds are we complete the throw to a guy who had a record year in catch %. Add to that his desire to be great and I have no doubt that if Ram does his job and Drew gets off a clean throw then we make that play. And if we don't make the catch then we can punt.
Everyone gets beat. Everyone.

Everyone gets beat. Everyone.
Are you Ram himself? I mean you are right. Everybody gets beat. But in overtime, 3rd down, NFCCG, you gotta do your job. I'd rather he tackle the guy. At least we get to punt the ball away. But with that field position a sack/fumble for instance and they can kick a FG without running a play. No excuses for a man not doing his job two plays in a row with the Superbowl & his QB's legacy on the line. You gotta make that block.

Are you Ram himself? I mean you are right. Everybody gets beat. But in overtime, 3rd down, NFCCG, you gotta do your job. I'd rather he tackle the guy. At least we get to punt the ball away. But with that field position a sack/fumble for instance and they can kick a FG without running a play. No excuses for a man not doing his job two plays in a row with the Superbowl & his QB's legacy on the line. You gotta make that block.
Youre holding a 2nd year player to a ridiculous standard.

A prime elite vet... Sure. But a 2nd year developing tackle... Nah.

You seem to be honed in on your opinion and that’s it.
It’s cool.
everyone is entitled.

Youre holding a 2nd year player to a ridiculous standard.

A prime elite vet... Sure. But a 2nd year developing tackle... Nah.
Oh I'm sorry. He's an NFL player who isn't a rookie. We critique and are hard on 2nd year players all the time. I'm not sure why Ram would get a pass. He's a really good young player, but at a crucial moment he got beat by a guy that I don't think is better than him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom