Saints Saints Free Agent Predictions (Current Saints) (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Drew Brees - Re-signed to what equals a 1 year contract; Saints kick the dead money can down the road again.

Teddy Bridgewater - Leaves via free agency and starter $.

Taysom Hill (RFA) - Tendered at the 1st round level.

Vonn Bell - Re-signs with Saints on multi-year deal for $ that many fans think is excessive.

Eli Apple - Re-signs with Saints on a team-friendly/incentive laden deal.

Andrus Peat - Leaves via free agency

PJ Williams - Re-signs with Saints and provides CB and FS depth on 1-2 year deal *surprise*

AJ Klein - Leaves via free agency (possibly goes back to Carolina).

David Onyemata - Re-signs with Saints after testing free agency and not getting much love.

Justin Hardee - Leaves via free agency

JT Gray (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints

Patrick Omameh - Re-signs with Saints as valuable OL depth.

Dwayne Washington - Leaves via free agency or simply not re-signed.

Austin Carr - Exits NFL

Keith Kirkwood (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints for TC at least.

Lil Jordan Humphrey (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints for TC and PS.

Cameron Tom (RFA) - Low tender re-signee for G/C depth

Johnson Bademosi - Re-signs with Saints and takes over Justin Hardee ST role.

Manti T’eo, Noah Spence, Stephone Anthony, and DJ Swearinger will not be brought back.

* Janoris Jenkins signs short term extension or restructure to stay with Saints in 2020.

Agree with you on all but Apple. I have a feeling someone is going to pay him more than we will and he'll agent will know it ahead of time.

Had he stayed healthy and finished this season strong, I would agree... but his play fell off a cliff and then he got injured. I also think he likes it with the Saints, and he seems like the type of player that values his team situation a great deal.

I really think the difference with us and teams in the playoffs are the cbs. I say we cant afford to lose applie and jenkins. Sign both. We need both.
Depends which Apple we're getting

Are we getting the Pre- Week 12 Apple? Who was fundamentally sound and fluid in coverage?

or are you getting the Post-Carolina game version who was repeatedly thrown at and picked on by DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Emmanuel Sanders.. who seemed to lose all of his confidence, and lost his technique as a result of frustration.

I'll try...

Drew Brees - Re-signed to what equals a 1 year contract; Saints kick the dead money can down the road again. (Agree)

Teddy Bridgewater - Franchise tagged, traded for 1st and 4th.

Taysom Hill (RFA) - Tendered at the 1st round level, but gets signed by another team and the Saints don't match. Get 1st in exchange from Chiefs.

Vonn Bell - Re-signs with Saints on multi-year deal for $ that many fans think is excessive. (Agree)

Eli Apple - Leaves via free agency

Andrus Peat - Re-signed to relatively team friendly deal, moved to Left Tackle. (Armstead traded)

PJ Williams - Re-signs with Saints and provides CB and FS depth on 1-2 year deal *surprise* (Agree)

AJ Klein - Re-signs to team friendly deal.

David Onyemata - Re-signs with Saints after testing free agency and not getting much love. (Likely)

Justin Hardee -Re-signs with Saints

JT Gray (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints (Agree)

Patrick Omameh - Re-signs with Saints as valuable OL depth. (Agree)

Dwayne Washington - Re-signs at minimum offer.

Austin Carr - Exits NFL (Agree)

Keith Kirkwood (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints for TC at least. (Agree)

Lil Jordan Humphrey (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints for TC and PS. (Agree)

Cameron Tom (RFA) - Low tender re-signee for G/C depth (Agree)

Johnson Bademosi - Re-signs for camp. Bubble player.

Stephone Anthony - Re-signs for minimum.

Manti T’eo, Noah Spence, , and DJ Swearinger will not be brought back.

* Janoris Jenkins signs short term extension or restructure to stay with Saints in 2020. (Agree)

I would consider that a great offseason, to be honest.

Only changes I'd like to see is AJ Klein retained. LBs really improved under Nolan and I can't help but wonder how much of our improved D had Nolan's fingerprints on it. He was a former DC and I liked having him on staff for the same reason I liked Allen on Ryan's staff. Last year (2018 season) was the best our LBs looked since Dome Patrol days. Maybe the 2nd best corp we've ever had?

Anzalone gets injured every year; Alonzo isn't much better; and if Klein leaves, that only leaves DD as the last piece of that corp. If we can keep Klein and Anzalone can get healthy for a year (like he did in 2018), maybe losing Nolan won't hurt as much as I fear it will. If we can keep our 3 LBs together, we'll know if it's the players or coaching, IMO.

Other than that, I'm fine with everything playing out like you suggest and I think it's actually pretty realistic too. Good job!

Are we getting the Pre- Week 12 Apple? Who was fundamentally sound and fluid in coverage?

or are you getting the Post-Carolina game version who was repeatedly thrown at and picked on by DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Emmanuel Sanders.. who seemed to lose all of his confidence, and lost his technique as a result of frustration.

Good point

I'll try...

Drew Brees - Re-signed to what equals a 1 year contract; Saints kick the dead money can down the road again. (Agree)

Teddy Bridgewater - Franchise tagged, traded for 1st and 4th.

Taysom Hill (RFA) - Tendered at the 1st round level, but gets signed by another team and the Saints don't match. Get 1st in exchange from Chiefs.

Vonn Bell - Re-signs with Saints on multi-year deal for $ that many fans think is excessive. (Agree)

Eli Apple - Leaves via free agency

Andrus Peat - Re-signed to relatively team friendly deal, moved to Left Tackle. (Armstead traded)

PJ Williams - Re-signs with Saints and provides CB and FS depth on 1-2 year deal *surprise* (Agree)

AJ Klein - Re-signs to team friendly deal.

David Onyemata - Re-signs with Saints after testing free agency and not getting much love. (Likely)

Justin Hardee -Re-signs with Saints

JT Gray (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints (Agree)

Patrick Omameh - Re-signs with Saints as valuable OL depth. (Agree)

Dwayne Washington - Re-signs at minimum offer.

Austin Carr - Exits NFL (Agree)

Keith Kirkwood (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints for TC at least. (Agree)

Lil Jordan Humphrey (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints for TC and PS. (Agree)

Cameron Tom (RFA) - Low tender re-signee for G/C depth (Agree)

Johnson Bademosi - Re-signs for camp. Bubble player.

Stephone Anthony - Re-signs for minimum.

Manti T’eo, Noah Spence, , and DJ Swearinger will not be brought back.

* Janoris Jenkins signs short term extension or restructure to stay with Saints in 2020. (Agree)

So you think the Saints will acquire 4 first round picks? ...and roll Andrus Peat out as the full time LT? I’d hate to lose Taysom Hill for a late late 1st... he’s more valuable than that. He’s like no other player in the league

So you think the Saints will acquire 4 first round picks? ...and roll Andrus Peat out as the full time LT? I’d hate to lose Taysom Hill for a late late 1st... he’s more valuable than that. He’s like no other player in the league
They’re just thoughts. I’d prefer the Teddy scenario to just letting him walk. I think Taysom could draw interest from other teams and they may be able to pay him more that we’re willing to. Reid likes him and I think he’d be a fit there. I could see them parting with Armstead in the right situation and Peat has played well at LT. If we were able to move Armstead for the right deal and have an extra 1st rounder (or two) many opportunities arise that could make the team better in a hurry. I realize any of those scenarios are far fetched, but it’s fun to think about!

No team is going to give up their 1st for a 30 year old Taysom Hill. If they are willing to we will gladly take it and add a full time starter on a cheap contract for the next 4 years. But it’s not going to happen. I think it was mike triplet who said the saints will tender him at a 2nd round level and nobody will touch him.

Young player

He will get better, and he is extremely valuable depth at this point

So if we can get him for the cheap I wouldn't be opposed

Good post OP. DJ may be brought back if Bell leaves.

I have one true prediction:
Saints try to sign Peat as they’re Masochists. Peat falls over while trying to ink the extension hurting Mickey Loomis. He then breaks several things on his made of glass body. At that point it’s anybodies guess, these are just what would be most likely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom