Saints Saints Free Agent Predictions (Current Saints) (1 Viewer)

Pretty good list, but:

David Onyemata - Re-signs with Saints after testing free agency and not getting much love.
Patrick Omameh - Re-signs with Saints as valuable OL depth.

This kind of wishful thinking never happens. Linemen who can play, even as backups, get lots of love.

I'll try...

Drew Brees - Re-signed to what equals a 1 year contract; Saints kick the dead money can down the road again. (Agree)

Teddy Bridgewater - Franchise tagged, traded for 1st and 4th.

Taysom Hill (RFA) - Tendered at the 1st round level, but gets signed by another team and the Saints don't match. Get 1st in exchange from Chiefs.

Vonn Bell - Re-signs with Saints on multi-year deal for $ that many fans think is excessive. (Agree)

Eli Apple - Leaves via free agency

Andrus Peat - Re-signed to relatively team friendly deal, moved to Left Tackle. (Armstead traded)

PJ Williams - Re-signs with Saints and provides CB and FS depth on 1-2 year deal *surprise* (Agree)

AJ Klein - Re-signs to team friendly deal.

David Onyemata - Re-signs with Saints after testing free agency and not getting much love. (Likely)

Justin Hardee -Re-signs with Saints

JT Gray (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints (Agree)

Patrick Omameh - Re-signs with Saints as valuable OL depth. (Agree)

Dwayne Washington - Re-signs at minimum offer.

Austin Carr - Exits NFL (Agree)

Keith Kirkwood (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints for TC at least. (Agree)

Lil Jordan Humphrey (ERFA) - Re-signs with Saints for TC and PS. (Agree)

Cameron Tom (RFA) - Low tender re-signee for G/C depth (Agree)

Johnson Bademosi - Re-signs for camp. Bubble player.

Stephone Anthony - Re-signs for minimum.

Manti T’eo, Noah Spence, , and DJ Swearinger will not be brought back.

* Janoris Jenkins signs short term extension or restructure to stay with Saints in 2020. (Agree)
No Mention of Kamara ? ?

I don’t there is any chance Drew Brees retires before next season. He’s a great leader and a team player, but as much as he may say otherwise (publicly), Brees wants his records to stand for a while... and he doesn’t want to see a shell of Tom Brady break his record(s), while Brees sits in retirement.

I hope so. But all I have to go on is what Drew has said publicly. That he will review and re-assess this after every season the rest of the way. So until he says whether or not he'll play the following year, I'm going to consider it 50/50.

I don’t believe there is any chance Drew Brees retires before next season. He’s a great leader and a team player, but as much as he may say otherwise (publicly), Brees wants his records to stand for a while... and he doesn’t want to see a shell of Tom Brady break his record(s), while Brees sits in retirement.
It shouldn’t be about records ? it should always be about team first . If he’s coming back to only pad his records I would prefer to move on and find a new QB .

No Mention of Kamara ? ?

That's getting left out of these Free Agent predictions, but you're right... what happens with AK is right up there with re-signing Vonn Bell and what happens at QB.

My thoughts are:
5% chance he plays on his existing rookie deal
25% chance we sign him to a multi-year deal with no drama
35% chance he holds out and it becomes an ordeal (whichever way it ends up)
35% chance we are forced to trade him because we don't have the cap room to satisfy his contract demands.

Last edited:
That's getting left out of these Free Agent predictions, but you're right... what happens with AK is right up there with re-signing Vonn Bell and what happens at QB.

My thoughts are:
5% chance he plays on his existing rookie deal
25% chance we sign him to a multi-year deal with no drama
30% chance he holds out and it becomes an ordeal (whichever way it ends up)
35% chance we are forced to trade him because we don't have the cap room to satisfy his contract demands.
Man o man I’m going to hate to see Kamara go ? but we have to do what’s best for the team and I trust coach Payton’s decision .

Man o man I’m going to hate to see Kamara go ? but we have to do what’s best for the team and I trust coach Payton’s decision .

We saw Sean Payton really force the issue of Kamara being THE back this year. Even when he wasn't 100%, even when Latavious Murray was out performing him. So I wouldn't write off Kamara just yet. I believe that Sean will lean hard on Loomis to get a deal done to keep his guy... I'm just not sure how far we can go cap-wise without doing serious damage to the roster. I think it'll come down to exactly how much AK is willing to sign for and how much math-magic Loomis can come up with.

I know AK wasn't 100% this past year and we had to make do without him for a couple of weeks, but going forward, losing him would drastically change our offense. Whether that's a good thing or not is debatable.

It shouldn’t be about records ? it should always be about team first . If he’s coming back to only pad his records I would prefer to move on and find a new QB .

Drew is still a top 10 QB in the NFL and would still be so even if his play starts to deteriorate. True NFL quality starting QBs are extremely rare, extremely hard to find, and extremely expensive to acquire and keep.

If Drew plays another year or two or whatever, it helps the team. If keeping his records safe from Tom Brady adds a little extra incentive for him to continue playing, that's totally fine. Those "pad" stats are also "real" stats. Stats that help your team win.

No Mention of Kamara ? ?

As other have mentioned, AK is not a FA. If he decides to hold-out and make a stink after the season he just had... then the Saints should trade him. I know he made the Pro-Bowl (as an alternate), but so did Andrus Peat! ...and no Ramczyk (so that goes to show what the Pro Bowl means — nothing!).

One guy that I did fail to list/mention is Ted Ginn.
Ginn is slated to become an UFA, and I don’t think there’s really any way the Saints bring him back. Ginn can still fly, but he doesn’t fight for 50/50 balls, and Brees doesn’t throw deep enough to make Ginn a factor. I think #19 is an available jersey for the Saints next TC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom