Saints Saints gameplan against the Jaguars. (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday was another great win but now as a fan I have another team in my thoughts and the Saints in their crosshairs.
I was wondering do you think the Saints need to do to be successful. I use to state my opinion. But I wanna hear from the rest of you

1. Minshew has eaten 12 sacks on the year.
2. Minshew is a very accurate thrower.

So, we need the defense to operate from the front and back in top level. Contain Fournette. Possibly learn their Wide Out's name and expect another close game.

If Minshew is passing closer to 50% than 70%. It's a solid win.

Defense will handle things, I've come around to not doubting them, yeah there will be a few 8-12 yard runs, but not much else, a couple of 20 yard darts that are near impossible to defend, BUT Jags Offense will give up turnovers, and their defense gives up more big plays than big stops, or even stand out plays.

Not to mention I am excited to see what Kamara can do after "Run CMC" just created the blueprint on how to carve them up :D

• Whether Jalen Ramsey plays or not will be a factor. Him on CGM could be a critical matchup. I think CGM can win a few of the battles but Jalen can definitely limit the opportunities
  • We'll need to continue our run of shutting down superstar LB/Defensive Lineman and account for Calais Campbell. We've done it before several times this season. I think we win that matchup.
  • On defense, I agree with others that Demario Davis and our DTs have to limit Fournette and I think they will. He'll get a few chunk plays but I think we win the battle overall.
  • The secondary will be tested with some gutsy passes by Minchew. The guy has moxie. I'd love to see Hendrickson back in rotation with Davenport to keep fresh DEs in his face all day. If we keep his foot moving, we can force the rookie into mistakes.

Last edited:
I think we’ll do what we did against Dallas. Focus on shutting down Fournette and keep Minshew contained in the pocket and some pressure.

On Offense Ram will be fighting Campbell and Armstead will likely be going up against the speedster Josh Allen. Their LB’s are very good and talented just like Dallas’s but without Ramsey their secondary should be wide open.

Shut down the run, make refs aware of OL blocking down field on all of their RPOs, get pressure with front four.

Get the ball to Kamara and MT, ball security

Yesterday was another great win but now as a fan I have another team in my thoughts and the Saints in their crosshairs.
I was wondering do you think the Saints need to do to be successful. I use to state my opinion. But I wanna hear from the rest of you
game plan each and every week is to score more points then the other team lol.

that said jags got handled by panthers run game bad and they arent a good running team so the jags have no run defense so we should be able to run it down their throats an have the TOP advantage to wear them out.

if teddy doesnt throw any pics and we dont fumble the ball we should have this game won without it being a nail biter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom