Saints games in Cozumel/Playa del Carmen, Mexico (1 Viewer)

eaux-yeah

Keep on Puffin'
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Going to be there when the game is playing this weekend.
Could be in Playa del Carmen/Car, Cozumel, or in the neighborhood.

Anyone know a good spot to watch the game? Seeing that most Fox affiliates are showing it, my chances are better, I hope. Does that apply to Mexico?
I was there almost 10 years ago and don't remember. :spit:

Ahhh yeah.....................Smokin Cubans an watchin SAINTS!!! :9:

this is a good question, because i'm going to be down near cozumel, next weekend, (weekend before thanksgiving).

there is a sports bar in Cozumel. You can bet on it, or any other game if you like. It's been awhile, but i think its still there. Just ask the cab driver.

In the main town, San Miguel de Cozumel, there was and may still be a Senor Frog's and also a sports bar with satellite. If they have more than one TV, you may be in luck (note that Dallas vs Arizona is on at the same time, which will probably be mas popular).

San Miguel, the Cozumel airport and the resorts south of San Miguel along the sea/reef area along the South/Southwest side of the island (Palancar) form a triangle. San Miguel is at the northeast point of the triangle where the cruise ships come in, and is maybe a 5 or 10 minutes ride in a taxi north from the El Presidente Inter-Continental and hotels near it.

In the main town, San Miguel de Cozumel, there was and may still be a Senor Frog's and also a sports bar with satellite. If they have more than one TV, you may be in luck (note that Dallas vs Arizona is on at the same time, which will probably be mas popular).

San Miguel, the Cozumel airport and the resorts south of San Miguel along the sea/reef area along the South/Southwest side of the island (Palancar) form a triangle. San Miguel is at the northeast point of the triangle where the cruise ships come in, and is maybe a 5 or 10 minutes ride in a taxi north from the El Presidente Inter-Continental and hotels near it.

Senor Frogs is still there.

The place i was taking about is on the other side of the little square area there. Inland about 2 blocks, but near the center of town. It was more of a gambling joint, but showed all the games, and other sporting events. Like I said, it's been awhile, back before they built the new pier, so things could have changed.

If in doubt just ask one of the Mexicans who lives there. Its a tourist town and everyone is very friendly and will help you find whatever you need.

If you can't find one...well then head down the highway ten miles and relax on one of the beaches instead :)

Sweet, we're going just south of there on our honeymoon. Hope you have a good time.

7 days 'aint enough. :1crysad:

A much needed brain reboot was accomplished, however.

I'm gonna post this hoping it becomes useful to someone.

Ended up being in Playa del Carmen on Sunday.

I did find some 'OK' places to watch, but nothing impressive....................................that is until I found Caliente's Bar. It is at the top of the hill from the main pier. Just look for the big white building with lots of satellite dishes on top and go upstairs.
They had 20 TV's showing every single football game (and horse race, and soccer game). You can gamble on them there too. Hands down the best bar I could find. $2 beers and $3 margaritas :beerchug:

At half-time you can run down and jump in the beautiful water if you want. Why? because YOU CAN!!!!!

They wouldn't let me take pictures inside. :mad:

Have to say, that was the best time I ever had watching a Saints loss. OK, it was the ONLY good time I ever had watching a loss.

Attachments

• eaux-cozumel.jpg
    eaux-cozumel.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
I just got back from Cabo and sat in the sports bar at our resort for the entire Sunday afternoon. They had the SD/Cin and Was/Phil game on early and I was getting worried that they would show the Dallas/Arizona game for the late game. Much to my surprise, they switched over to our game. The bar was very happy since there were many Steelers fans in the bar. I was the lone Saints fan.

Thanks all for visiting Mexico. I beleive Marcos (if he is around here) can give you a more reliable information, but if you have a good cable package in your hotel the games are broadcast in Fox Sports Americas. Hope you can get the game.

Best, guillermo

eaux-yeah, I just checked the programming for FoxSports and they will be showing the Cleveland-Pittsburgh game.

So you need a sports bar that carry all the games. Ask the concierge as soon as you arrive and he will be able to help you.

Have a great vacation.

Guillermo, jealous in cold-cloudly Montreal

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom