Saints get 0 Compensatory picks... (1 Viewer)

How does this-

CHICAGO Lost: Alfonso Boone, Justin Gage, Todd Johnson, Ian Scott
Signed: Anthony Adams

justify 3 additional draft choices?

and this-

CAROLINA Lost: Vinny Ciurciu, Chris Draft

justify 2 additional picks?

Heck, a team overspends for a guard and Washington ends up getting 3 picks, including a 3rd rounder for this-

WASHINGTON Lost: Derrick Dockery, T.J. Duckett, Warrick Holdman, Kenny Wright
Signed: London Fletcher

Certain teams get 3-4 additional choices! This system is so flawed it is sickening. I really think the compensatory picks need to go away. If a team does not want to pay their player and they leave, that was a business decision and the team should not be compensated for it.

How does this-

CHICAGO Lost: Alfonso Boone, Justin Gage, Todd Johnson, Ian Scott
Signed: Anthony Adams

justify 3 additional draft choices?

and this-

CAROLINA Lost: Vinny Ciurciu, Chris Draft

justify 2 additional picks?

Heck, a team overspends for a guard and Washington ends up getting 3 picks, including a 3rd rounder for this-

WASHINGTON Lost: Derrick Dockery, T.J. Duckett, Warrick Holdman, Kenny Wright
Signed: London Fletcher

Certain teams get 3-4 additional choices! This system is so flawed it is sickening. I really think the compensatory picks need to go away. If a team does not want to pay their player and they leave, that was a business decision and the team should not be compensated for it.

No kidding. I hate this crap. We almost never get any comp picks.

Also, Falclowns get a 3rd round.
Amazing isn't it? Basically they get compensated a 3rd rounder for Kerney. Based on his salary demands, they may have struggled to get that on the open market.

So the Falcons will have a 1st, (2) 2nd's & (2) 3rd's!

But...but...but...we lost Mare. Sure we let him go and didn't re-sign him...but he's gone. Gone forever. Never (hopefully) to return. Auugghhhh!!!! That alone justifies 27 picks. fair is fair.

This compensatory picks business is complete poppycock! I'm not even saying that because I think we deserved any picks but every time the Compensatory Picks list comes out there are plenty of allocations that just make you go :idunno:

But...but...but...we lost Mare. Sure we let him go and didn't re-sign him...but he's gone. Gone forever. Never (hopefully) to return. Auugghhhh!!!! That alone justifies 27 picks. fair is fair.

We gained Mare. The compensatory picks are from the players you lost from the previous season.

Comp picks... "go to teams that lost more or better free agents than they acquired, based on a complex formula." (PFT.com) After hearing what they were, since this is my first off-season, I don't imagine we would get any. I'm fine with that. Look who we picked up this OS so far opposed to who we lost. I'd say they are justified in us not getting any.

EDIT: Okay so I just read its from players lost/gained last season. So excuse the majority of my post :D

dont' forget anthony simmons too... lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom