Saints get 2016 cap relief in Brees' deal (1 Viewer)

I'm gonna agree with Crosswatt that this may mean we want to get some other guys extended this season so as to lessen the impact of them in the coming years.

Who needs an extension right now?

Now we can resign Forbath, get Parkay, and HAVE THREE KICKERS AND TWO PUNTERS!!!!

Maybe an 8th running back?

Oh the anticipation!

There's got to be another deal. I get that you can roll unused cap space to next year, but why create cap space this year specifically just to do that, when you could've structured it to fall into next year anyway? Something's up.

Not necessarily. They restructured Drew last year to create space and did not make any trades. Most of the money created last year ended up getting eaten up when bonuses were achieved or assigned at the end of the year.

I'm gonna agree with Crosswatt that this may mean we want to get some other guys extended this season so as to lessen the impact of them in the coming years.

Who needs an extension right now?

Can't think of anyone big now that Brees and Unger are taken care of. The biggest is if they decide to do something early with Breaux. Some to consider may be Vaccaro, Ellerbe, Fairley, Kruger at some point potentially.

If what I can find is correct Talib is due 8.5 mil for this year. This could be the move.

So far we have Calvin Johnson, Aqib Talib, and Joe Thomas. Who else could we be after? There has to be a reason they structured the contract this way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom