Saints get an extra $5.75 million in cap space (2 Viewers)

Without Byrd our depth would really be hurt.. he's expensive but IMO with the inflation of FA over the last two years he's well worth it. If he hit the market today he's signing just as fat of a contract

You think? I don't know man. I don't think he's getting another fat contract from us or anyone else. I think a team can get similar production for a fraction of the cost. I think it's time to move on.

Cutting Byrd with a June 1 designation will save us 8.3 million, so you can bet that's going to happen.

Have to re-sign Fairley and Snead. Certainly they will want to keep Hightower and maybe Kruger/Coleman/Evans. None of those guys are going to break the bank.

Won't it be nice to finally be able to go after one of them fancy $12-15 million CB's or edge rushers?

The dead cap if we cut Byrd will be 8 million. The year after it's cut almost in half to 4.6mil. I don't think we will entertain taking on dead money from him until after 2017. Plus he's been solid for us. Not saying that we can't use an upgrade, but he isn't bad.

I see what you did. The difference is we have a QB.

$32M sounds like a lot but that puts us in the bottom half of the league going into FA. However, it's a lot better than last year's situation.

Compare any team to NE, who is one win away from another SB and will be in the top 5 for cap space. That organization is solid from top to bottom.
ML better lock up cooks now. NE would snatch him up in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Loomis can use the fifth year option on him for 2018 and then franchise tag him for 2019 if he wants to. Cooks isnt going anywhere soon.

No doubt. NE will wreak havoc with Cooks... Brady will dink and dunk 7 yard passes to frustrate the defense and then boom....

Loomis can use the fifth year option on him for 2018 and then franchise tag him for 2019 if he wants to. Cooks isnt going anywhere soon.
I was a year ahead, I was thinking next year was his 5th, but I dont think he is headed anywhere regardless. We will see when the time comes.

Cleveland will have over 107 million on cap space

Cleveland could really backload all their new contract and sign at least half of the top 100 FA's lol. I'm surprised they even have Thomas and Hayden on their roster with that much space. Would have thought both of them would have eaten up more space.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom