Saints going after Shaun Rogers among other teams (1 Viewer)

Competing in a trade with the Broncos is almost useless as they seem to get every guy that they want.

I would take Rogers, but it is hard to trade for more then 1 player in an offseason without giving away all your picks.

How about this trade?

Saints trade:
1-10
Jason David(fits the cover 2 system)
Josh Bullocks(could team up with his twin brother and both will probably play better.
Lions trade:
1-15
Roy Williams
Shaun Rogers

Lions moving up to 10 gives them a choice of top RBs! At 15 we are still in good postion to get a CB or a LB like Rivers or Conners.

I don't think the lions are stupid enough to put Roy Williams in that trade.

I'm guessing that on draft day the saints will their 4th and get Rogers that way.

Last edited:
he has had 4 coaches in 5 years...i think that weight and motivation are not problems with a sean payton lead team. in that if you have a motivation or character problem, you will not be here long.

right because hollis thomas, charles grant and will smith didnt come in overweight and outta shape last year right?

oh wait.....

Looks guys, here's the deal. We can sign him or we can ***** about how we didn't fill our needs and wonder who we'll draft with our top 10 pick next year. There's not much more on the market unless we trade for Williams or move up to get Ellis/Dorsey.

Maybe Ed O. could light a fire under him.

My thoughts exactly. :9:

Cajun Food + overweight guy = Walter Thomas

Even still I take the chance with a 3rd -6th rounder. I believe someone will offer a 2nd though....as someone said before he's the most talented DT in the league. I don't care if he plays @ 350 and needs a break...just get him !!!

effort. if i have to motivate, threaten, or coerce you in any way to get your maximum effort when you are already getting paid for your maximum effort (he got a fat contract not long ago), then I do not want you near my team. I could care less what you are capable of. I went to LSU on acedemic scholarship, was capable of making deans list but chose to party, chase tang, and have fun, I was too selfish with my own desires to worry about my future. when it came time to put out the effort, I joined the Marines instead. I regret that now, but now is too late. Capable doesn't mean crap. What you do on a consistant basis does. Rodgers is a grown man. He already has a big contract with a big bonus. The Lions had a chance to win last season. What else does he need to give all of his effort no matter what the rest of the guys are doing? He has a poor work ethic and is being selfish and selling his self and his team short. We don't need someone like that on our team.

effort. if i have to motivate, threaten, or coerce you in any way to get your maximum effort when you are already getting paid for your maximum effort (he got a fat contract not long ago), then I do not want you near my team. I could care less what you are capable of. I went to LSU on acedemic scholarship, was capable of making deans list but chose to party, chase tang, and have fun, I was too selfish with my own desires to worry about my future. when it came time to put out the effort, I joined the Marines instead. I regret that now, but now is too late. Capable doesn't mean crap. What you do on a consistant basis does. Rodgers is a grown man. He already has a big contract with a big bonus. The Lions had a chance to win last season. What else does he need to give all of his effort no matter what the rest of the guys are doing? He has a poor work ethic and is being selfish and selling his self and his team short. We don't need someone like that on our team.

i have to agree with everything u said..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom