Saints going after Shaun Rogers among other teams (1 Viewer)

After the Broncos took the Lions to the cleaners with the Bly deal, I would think they would steer clear of them.

Sirius today made it sounds like it was virtually done with the Broncos.

I dont think we want Rogers...he has issue with weight and drive.....there not trading him because they cant afford him, there trading him cause they cant get him to play to his potential....lets go after guys who have a will to be great (Vilma). He (Rogers) is 350+pds and Det been trying to get him to 320 since they drafted him

I dont think we want Rogers...he has issue with weight and drive.....there not trading him because they cant afford him, there trading him cause they cant get him to play to his potential....lets go after guys who have a will to be great (Vilma). He (Rogers) is 350+pds and Det been trying to get him to 320 since they drafted him

Boy, how sweet would it be to have Rogers playing in front of Vilma for the black and gold.

Maybe Ed O. could light a fire under him.

he has had 4 coaches in 5 years...i think that weight and motivation are not problems with a sean payton lead team. in that if you have a motivation or character problem, you will not be here long.

i think that weight and motivation are not problems with a sean payton lead team. in that if you have a motivation or character problem, you will not be here long.

Which is why I think we are not the front runners...

I have to follow the Lions very closely for work and I can say this: he does have weight and motor issues, for sure. But he also has not had a coach to keep him in line. Even Marinelli, the disciplinarian, took the approach this season to let Rogers have his way in hopes that would satisfy him enough to play hard all the time. Obviously didn't work, he got close to 400 lbs and fell off at the end of the season. The team refused to fine him.

On a team where his coaches will constantly ride him, make sure he stays at weight all season long, and he doesn't have the luxury of being "their pick," I think he COULD succeed. If Payton has proven anything, it's that he wouldn't tolerate that sort of thing from Rogers, and Coach O. made it clear that he forces his linemen to play light for speed. When motivated, Rogers is an absolute playmaker.

All I know, is this guy was a monster the first half of last season.

I'm not exactly sure what happened after that as I don't watch much Lions football. I'd take him for a later round pick. Like a 4th or 5th.

Most talented DT in the league, but can he stay motivated to live to that potential?

All I know, is this guy was a monster the first half of last season.

I'm not exactly sure what happened after that as I don't watch much Lions football. I'd take him for a later round pick. Like a 4th or 5th.

He did have a great first half, and then he put on a little bit of weight (I'd say about 20 lbs as the season wore on), got tired, lost the motivation, and started playing at half-speed. As the Lions regressed he found less and less incentive to play harder, so it kept perpetuating itself.

How about this trade?

Saints trade:
1-10
Jason David(fits the cover 2 system)
Josh Bullocks(could team up with his twin brother and both will probably play better.
Lions trade:
1-15
Roy Williams
Shaun Rogers

Lions moving up to 10 gives them a choice of top RBs! At 15 we are still in good postion to get a CB or a LB like Rivers or Conners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom