Saints Grade Through 9 Games (1 Viewer)

What is your grade for the 2006 through 9 games?

• A+

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • A

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • A-

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • B+

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • B

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • B-

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • C+

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • W (incomplete)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TPS

Reaction score
Forget yesterday (or just make it 1/9th of the value). What's your current grade on the Saints overall in 2006 through 9 games?

For obvious reasons, the poll will not include a D or an F since no one in their right mind would give the Saints a D or an F.

I went with a solid B. We need some improvement in certain areas of the team. We need to get some of our players back healthy. Coach Payton needs to spend some extra time coaching up the team on turnovers this week (said he would in an interview from yesterday). Had we won, I would probably have given us an A-. But I feel like a B is a fair assessment (and certainly an overacheivement from what I predicted for the season, 6-10).

TPS

Last edited:
B+, huh? I mean honestly how many of you thought we were gonna be 6-3, and really be this good. I am an optimist just like the most of you, but how can you say from 3-13 a year ago to 6-3, with all the losses coming not because the other team was better, but because we made a few mistakes that cost us. We could easily be 9-0 the way we have been playing, we are a young foootball team, that is playing at a high level, these problems will get fixed, we will beat the Bengals and we will make the playoff's. But to be the number two ranked team in the NFC, and not have people think it has been an "A" atleast is crazy. The fans need to appreciate the Saints and not look at the record but look at the way they are playing, they are incredible to watch.

The D, even though much improved, prevented me from giving them an A. B+ otherwise.

I went A-.

It would be higher but TOs are a basic fundamental of the game and we just havn't grasped that yet.

>>But to be the number two ranked team in the NFC, and not have people think it has been an "A" atleast is crazy. The fans need to appreciate the Saints and not look at the record but look at the way they are playing, they are incredible to watch.

I hear ya, but the other part of your post answers its own question. In making the mistakes we did against Baltimore and Pittsburgh (winnable games against good teams that we gave away to an extent), it proves that we aren't playing up to our capability and that we're making far too many mistakes. JMO and why I gave them a B. Now had the poll been based on your pre-season expectations, I would easily give them an A+ as I was very cautious.

TPS

A+ completely exceeded all my expectations so far this season. Doing this well with current personel is the best part. Once we get better personel on the defense, we will be a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

I went with A. They have already won as many games as I thought they'd win all season long.

Saints are 6-3 being 29th in the league in turnover margin. That is a remarkable achievement.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom