Saints had Great season. Now time to move on. (1 Viewer)

Are you joking? Were you watching the game? Brady didn't throw a single long pass that was completed, and threw three or four passes that should have been interceptions had our DBs held on to the ball. He played pretty badly, but lucked out on his worst throws.
And all that when we didn't even get good pressure on him this game. Father Time has definitely taken his toll on him. The Packers will swallow him alive.

The Packers will swallow him alive, you say?

Even if Saints would have beaten the Bucs, NO WAY this team would have beaten the Packers. Drew Brees pass his prime. Watching Brees was like Watching Ali or Roy Jones trying to box pass their prime. It was painful to see but obvious to all if we are honest. Something talk about at the beginning of season. No shame in that. Father Time catches everyone.

I mean, that's just not true. Maybe we would've lost. But we would've beaten the Packers without Taysom's fumble and we were clearly the superior team to the bucs all season, we just vomited up the game with 4 turnovers. Sure, Brees is past his prime but so was Peyton. We had all the pieces in place around him to make it happen. Do you really think - if WE were the ones that had won the turnover battle 4-0 - that the score would've been nearly as close? We had a top 5 offense and top 5 defense. This team had a VERY legitimate shot at hoisting another Lombardi. We blew it, but it doesn't mean we had no shot it and we were all delusional. It's just not true.

The Packers will swallow him alive, you say?

Well, I don't know anyone who would describe a QB throwing three INTs in a single game as having played well. That the Packers got exactly zero TDs off of those INTs isn't anything to do with Brady. His defense stepped up or you might say the Packers offense didn't. He did manage to complete a couple of long passes, but they both to wide open receivers where the Packer's DBs were out of position (and they were out of position a lot, actually).

Either way, Brady once again had a mediocre game (at best), but his team won anyway. If he plays that way against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, I doubt his team will be able to cover for him again. Mahomes, Edwards-Helaire, et al., won't waste turnover opportunities to score.

Brady played horrible. Only difference between him and Brees is the ints(3 for Brees). Don’t be fool, Father Time caught up with Brady too.
except for... when the game is on the line and his offense needs a closing drive they didnt go 3 and out like the saints always do . Say what you want but we all wish the saints could close games like brady led teams can, hes clutch.

Maybe to spoiled Saints' fans.

No, I meant that was always the mantra in the 70's and 80's when fans were far from spoiled. Season would end in a losing effort yet again...and we would say, "Well there's always next year!"

This mantra has become the "Just wait till next year!" for Saints fans

I mean, as fans, that's all we can do. Right? I'm not sure what else you expect Saints fans to say. We have no control over the team's decision making processes.

except for... when the game is on the line and his offense needs a closing drive they didnt go 3 and out like the saints always do . Say what you want but we all wish the saints could close games like brady led teams can, hes clutch.

Define "always".

Here are the 3 QBs with the most come from behind victories in NFL history. Brady has only three more than Brees, so I don't really get how you're saying the Saints "always go three and out" when they need a closing drive. The facts are that the Brees-led Saints have come through in those situations most of the time, and Brees has done so more than any other QB save two.

Player4QCLink
Peyton Manning43View Comebacks
Tom Brady39View Comebacks
Drew Brees36View Comebacks

Are you joking? Were you watching the game? Brady didn't throw a single long pass that was completed, and threw three or four passes that should have been interceptions had our DBs held on to the ball. He played pretty badly, but lucked out on his worst throws.
And all that when we didn't even get good pressure on him this game. Father Time has definitely taken his toll on him. The Packers will swallow him alive.

The defense did fine, offense could go a few games without giving up multiple turnovers for once and maybe, just maybe stick to the run...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom