Saints Saints Happy Hour: Armstead, Lattimore, and Ramcyzk (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
The podcast discussed these three players and the likelihood that one of them could be moving on sooner rather than later...

The overall prediction settled on them moving Marshon Lattimore prior to next season. They believe that Lattimore could net a 1st round pick and more, and the Saints simply can’t afford to keep everyone. They talked about how much they like Latt and the Saints history at CB... but his inconsistency is undeniable.

A couple other points I found interesting and have me thinking...

- They believe Ramcyzk is the most valuable player of the bunch, and that he can and will move over to LT when Armstead moves on.

- I believe that the one guy has solid sources, and he stated that he knows for a fact that the Saints view Marcus Williams as the best player at his position In the NFL.

They are convinced that something big is “Looming” and that a mind-blowing deal could be struck at any time... Just like the Jimmy Graham trade dropped out of thin air and with no warning.

I have no idea what’s in store... but it definitely got me thinking.

Moving Lattimore is a huge risk, but signing him long-term also involves risk.

Andrew Juge is pretty good on that podcast. I believe he's buddy-buddy with Zack Steif. Maybe some others. He breaks down film and grades players. He hesitates to break news but definitely has solid sources. They've been hot takey in the past but it's worth a listen to me. Usually, it's self-aware hot takes and they give it a balanced discussion.

I think they make a serious run to keep Williams. Not sure if they get outbid or not though.

I think you have to make a run on resigning Lattimore as well. If he won't accept your deal you need to try to get value for him before he walks in FAs. I think they work it out though.

Ramczyk will be expensive but is worthy of a top tackle contract. I think they'll offer him a deal as such.

Just a thought, that Graham trade was made in our worst cap year of 2015. We were deep in the hole with 22+mil over the cap. We couldn't maneuver ourselves to spend too much in FA to bring new players in. Reminiscent of this year.

If you trade Latt, then which corners matches up with Tampa or Atlanta receivers? I like J Jenkins but he is getting up their in age and owed $14m. $14m is too much for him so you need to try to restructure or you have to cut him. Then you have Patrick Robinson and PJ, who might be a free agent also.

If you trade Latt, then which corners matches up with Tampa or Atlanta receivers? I like J Jenkins but he is getting up their in age and owed $14m. $14m is too much for him so you need to try to restructure or you have to cut him. Then you have Patrick Robinson and PJ, who might be a free agent also.

I think Jenkins has played well enough to work on keeping him. His contract is ripe for a restructure or even extension. 10 mil of his 14 mil is salary. He drops down to an 8.75 mil cap hit next year. That screams restructure to me.

So you pay Jenkins 14 million over Lattimore ? In what world ?

My whole post was about moving his money so he doesn't make 14 mil this year. He only makes 8.75 mil next year with mostly salary this year. That is a perfect setup for a restructure which reduces his cap this year. Lattimore will make much more than Jenkins on average but Latt's 2021 cap number will be very low (assuming we extend him).

Last edited:
Lattimore is probably the best CB the Saints have ever had. He is a true shutdown corner, but they all get beat from time to time....IMO it would be a mistake to let him walk, we will see....

Id rather keep Lattimore over Williams in this kind of scenario.

I just think its easier to acquire a safety than a CB. And Williams hasnt been too consistent himself throughout the years.
Just imagine Tom Bradys Buccs twice next year with a feasting Mike Evans. You dont want that!

and about Williams… well I guess Iam just used to getting rosted by the deep ball :D

I don't doubt that Lattimore would be traded in the right scenario. The only one I can think of would involve a QB. Latt is too good of a player for us, at one of the most important positions. I could almost see Thomas being traded before him. I have no doubt that big moves are coming. It's anyone's guess as to what they'll be.

RR needs to retire a saint; probably our best young offensive lineman next to McCoy

Out of group if we have to lose one I’d rather it be Williams

Top CBS are just hard to find, and we have developed Marshon fairly well. Those years of horrible DBs have me so terrified 😭

Id rather keep Lattimore over Williams in this kind of scenario.

I just think its easier to acquire a safety than a CB. And Williams hasnt been too consistent himself throughout the years.
Just imagine Tom Bradys Buccs twice next year with a feasting Mike Evans. You dont want that!

and about Williams… well I guess Iam just used to getting rosted by the deep ball :D

I agree... but according to Juge’s sources, the Saints absolutely love Marcus Williams and view him as the best FS in the league.

Moving Lattimore would be a huge gamble, but if this front office and scouting department is as good as we think it is, then getting a rookie CB that is at least 75% as good as Lattimore is doable... and they’d be getting that player at about 10% of the salary that Lattimore is staring down.

So, would you take a CB that is 75% as good as Lattimore for a 90% discount vs Lattimore?

Lattimore is probably the best CB the Saints have ever had. He is a true shutdown corner, but they all get beat from time to time....IMO it would be a mistake to let him walk, we will see....
He’s up there for sure and I hope he stays.... but I think Jabari Greer was our best corner.

I agree... but according to Juge’s sources, the Saints absolutely love Marcus Williams and view him as the best FS in the league.

Moving Lattimore would be a huge gamble, but if this front office and scouting department is as good as we think it is, then getting a rookie CB that is at least 75% as good as Lattimore is doable... and they’d be getting that player at about 10% of the salary that Lattimore is staring down.

So, would you take a CB that is 75% as good as Lattimore for a 90% discount vs Lattimore?
Idk who Juge is as I barely check the site lately, but that post makes me sad. That they view Williams as the best safety in the league. Yuck. He makes zero impactful plays, unless negative.
When I think of a great safety, in a Saints uni....it was Sharp. Sharper made plays, all the time. This guy, not so much.

He’s up there for sure and I hope he stays.... but I think Jabari Greer was our best corner.

If there’s 1 CB, that if removed from Saints history, would do the most damage... it’s Tracy Porter!

But I agree... Overall... talent + consistency + leadership - Jabari Greer is the best

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom