Saints have 5th best Offensive line in NFL.... (1 Viewer)

Brees makes the offensive line appear - at least statistically - to be the 5th best in the league.

Brees makes the offensive line appear - at least statistically - to be the 5th best in the league.

I disagree. Other o lines around the league are terrible. Saints o line can really the 5th best.

It's a combination. There are some very very good pieces, and some average pieces, but Brees does also make them look good. I'm glad though. Between things like this, Rankins showing his incredible talent potential, and the defense looking much better as the year goes on, there is a lot to look forward to next year.

I think that the Saints line would look average at best without Brees.

We are top 10 in avg rush yards before contact per carry and yards per carry... that indicates to me they are above average, regardless of QB

If this doesn't get people to stop worshipping stats, nothing will.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Ken. Good read. I think our OL has done a solid job this year. Considering Armstead, our best OL, has been dinged most of the year, we have held our own. Peat, factoring in what he has been asked to do from pre-season to now, has been exceptional. Yes, Brees does help overcome OL deficiencies, but this group is still very solid.

Even if we take away the Drew effect with his quick release and knowing where everyone is i believe it. The running stat is encouraging.
Problem is RG and RT are aging and close to done for. Bring in a starting RG in the off season and a young RT to learn and work in.

Even if we take away the Drew effect with his quick release and knowing where everyone is i believe it. The running stat is encouraging.
Problem is RG and RT are aging and close to done for. Bring in a starting RG in the off season and a young RT to learn and work in.

Peat earned my respect this season. Not healthy armstead is extremely good. Unger ain't too shabby either. Nah drew is making the guard play look better than it is. The running is due to tackle play along with the league's best fb.

We need to go high and hit on a stud G. Maybe get lucky later and get another.

Rankings aside, replacing Ingalls with Roushar has made a noticeable difference this year. The line has definitely improved from the last few years.

I think that the Saints line would look average at best without Brees.

Have you even watched any of the other Olines around the league?

Truly "complete" Olines are much like "elite" QB's. There are only a very small handful in the entire league.

With 1 or 2 smart moves this offseason, the Saints could very easily have both for the next 2+ years.

Cheer up, buttercup.

I'm surprised at the Jaguars being number 8. Their offense has been terrible!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom