Saints have a cheat code on 3rd and 1 and don't always use it. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Taysom Hill is your 3rd and 1 cheat code, saints have been so inconsistent using it this year for some reason. You can power run from under center. You can run it out of a shotgun, you can RPO with Kamara, you can just straight up throw it when the defense expects run. This is why this coaching staff is so bad, 3rd and 1 should be the Taysom package, every single time its 3rd and 1.

SP was smart ,maybe cocky sometimes but really smart with his scheme/plays and players
DA don't even understand that you must run on 3rd&1 ,or that baun on Godwin is a bad idea ... (until yesterday we never used Rhasheed that much ,and all the fans were aware that he was fast and good)

So ,if Lafleur is fired (Flores or Bieniemy are valid options too),i wouldn't mind giving him a chance ,there is no way we are going to do a "Yankees" and keeping DA for a second year and hopefully ,he'll do better .

This aint working ,and yesterday was a game won that we managed to lose ,you cant make this up.I'm not even mad,I'm not responsible for this mess but it's just bland and sad.

at that point with the way the defense was playing, 2 Taysom Hill runs worse case. Heck a FB run followed by a QB sneak if possible.

Literally almost anything except what we did...

The dumbest decision I've since the Seahawks interception.

Not to mention how much more clock you can kill even if you somehow don't get that first...

Seriously.

Hill has done nothing but prove he can pick those up. I’m not even that mad today if you at least try it. Especially after the thrown to Callaway was a bust. I didn’t hate the call tbh. It was probably a read and Dalton thought he had the DB beat. But if you don’t get that, why punt it?

I’m more upset at the fact that we didn’t start using timeouts as soon as they crossed the 50. Clearly they saw something in the defense. Even if it’s just pumping the brakes on momentum. Why let them get down to the goal line so easily???

That coaching decision should be the nail in the coffin for Dennis Allen. It's a quintessential trademark signature DA move.

If you ask DA about anything on offense, he defers. It’s so apparent that he still operates as if he is not in charge of the whole team, just defense and calling defensive plays.

Critical game day management decisions are being missed because of it.

Said the same thing with second and goal from the 2 (before the inexcusable 12 man penalty).....run Hill 3 straight times. If they stop the QB power 3 times from the 2 with Hill running, cuddos to them. I'm over this coaching staff. If they don't get fired after the season, Loomis does not want to win.

They have barely used Hill in short yardage this year. It's truly baffling.

Last edited:
Said the same thing with second and goal from the 2 (before the inexcusable 12 man penalty).....run Hill 3 straight times. If they stop the QB power 3 times from the 2 with Hill running, cuddos to them. I'm over this coaching staff. If they don't get fired after the season, Loomis does not want to win.

They have barely used Hill in short yardage this year. It's truly baffling.
I think that the misuse of Hill goes all the way back to the offseason. DA said that he thought Hill would be an above average TE when he announced moving Hill to TE in the offseason. A lot of people were in agreement with him.

This was another case of wish-projecting by DA and people. They all wanted to believe that Hill could be a good receiver, because being a good receiver with his athletic ability would have really helped the offense.

Hill is a decent receiver against loose coverage, but has always been unreliable against tight coverage. To be a reliable and consistent receiver in the NFL, you have to be able to make contested catches. Hill doesn't do that well.

DA made the wrong move with Hill and seems to be stuck in the trap of the sunk cost fallacy with Hill. I think the offense is also trying to mimic Payton's "keep showing them something new," but they don't have his knack for knowing what to keep doing and what to create new wrinkles for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom