Saints have a surprisingly low projected 2021 win total (1 Viewer)

A 10 win season is a very optimistic on Saints hitting on their long bets to work out with obvious holes that cannot be all filled with quality talent.

It’s a fair number and honestly I’m leaning towards the under as of now.

Saints over/under on wins is at 9. That is our lowest total in some time. Do you agree? Seems about right to me. Remember there are 17 games this year.

This team is 8-8 until proven otherwise. Gonna be a long season

I think it’s right. I don’t think many people outside of this forum expect us to win 11 or more games. So an over-under of 9 sounds right.

I am usually pretty optimistic, but schedule is brutal. Still a very talented team, but 9 wins is sort of looking high for this year. They could go 10-7 or 9-8, but could just as easily win 6 or 7 games. I think I would take the under on this bet, as much as I hate saying it.

This will be a rebuilding year. As much as we all love Drew Brees we will be paying him for a few years down the line. Also, we've restructured contracts so much we'll be paying for those for years. The Saints didn't have the money to be big players in free agency and they aren't known for going for the home run hitters in drafts, at least under Loomis and Payton. I just hope Payton doesn't continue to try to make Taysom a pocket passer and uses him more like Baltimore uses Jackson. Turn the man loose!

Slightly low, I feel, but I do understand it. There's too much turnover at a few positions to confidently say that it should be higher.
Its only 1 game less than what it was last year. I placed a bet on the over/under around this time last year and it was set at 10.

With everyone we've lost on defense I don't know how anyone could say we'll be any good. People aren't living in reality if they think we can replace all we've lost with rookies and UDFA's on defense.

We also don't have a number 2 WR and lost our HOF QB.

We'll be lucky to win 7 games with the defense we're going to be fielding as of right now.

Far less worried about the absence of Drew than I am the arrest of Lattimore and lack of CB opposite him.
IF we don't figure out a way to lockdown that secondary, we will be back to giving up historic numbers of points per game again.

The defense lost a lot of good players. and the saints can't overcome the end of season injury bug, so yeh, 9 wins would be a blessing this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom