Saints have a surprisingly low projected 2021 win total (1 Viewer)

I’m gonna say we will be 9-8 or 8-9...transitioning year and we’ve lost a lot of good players. It’s exciting to see what happens. I see us using lots of young players obviously cause we can’t afford anyone major.

If they win the games they 'should' win, they will win 11. Based on team talent comparisons, the losses are the Bucs (2), the Bills, the Packers, the Seahawks, and the Titans. And most of those are really 'iffy' losses. By the same token, sweeping the Falcons and Panthers, and beating the Patriots and Dolphins are also close to toss ups (Patriots because of coaching more than obvious talent).

Of course, there are always unexpected changes. But those go both ways. Still, I'll be pretty stunned with the talent that still remains on the team if they don't win 10. Furthermore, if they win 9 or less, it would be because the QBs and defense have a pretty big drop-off (granted there will be some). If so, I would expect a pretty quick bounce back due to cap changes, cap management (mostly handled this year), and a better set of draft picks in 22.

Over the past two days, I have been on the road and have had a chance to listen to the various hosts on Sirius NFL. I just heard Bruce Murray and Brady Quinn discussing the NFL South. The major points:

1. They, like their counterparts on Sirius NFL, havealready given the division championship to Tampa.

2. Quinn (whom I am not a fan of) has Atlanta finishing second because of our quarterback uncertainty. Murray sees the Saints currently as the second best team in the division, citing faith in Payton.

3. Both think Carolina will finish fourth.

The loss of Drew is one thing but that’s not the problem. Teddy won, Taysom won, Jameis would win. The problem is because we were in cap hell we lost a lot of depth and talented depth was what kept us winning. I don’t know what we are going to do at DT, LB, and CB, we also lost a really good pass rusher. The offense is OK. We can put up points because of the strong o-line along with Kamara, Thomas, and Payton’s play calling. The defense though. Whew. I think that side of the ball may have some challenges.

If Jameis takes a step forward...we could be a 10-12 win team. But if he plays like he typically plays, we are likely looking at 7-9 wins. I don't think that this team is as good as it was last year...we've lost lots of good players. So it'd be hard to predict a 13+ win season.

i think it’d just be silly to predict a 13 win season. I say 10 wins is the ceiling, 6 is the absolute floor

Don't they usually underestimate the Saints? I am not sure you can evaluate any team at this point. You are pretty much rating teams based on how they finish and how high or low you value their losses and gains in free agencies. This is about has certain as the draft.

---

We lost one of the best QBs to ever play football this offseason to retirement... I'm not trying to fart on Saints Fans' French fries... but people need to lower their expectations this season... I am hoping for 10 wins, but I am not going to be shocked if we win less than 9 games. Is what it is.
I feel the same as you. I’m hoping for 10 but I could see us as low as 3. Maybe then some people will get off that Jameis balloon they’ve been flying on.

I “feel” like the Saints win 11 games. I think the defense will struggle some because of depth issues . I think Jameis will be in the 4500yds, 25/15 range and Kamara scores a ton of TDS rushing and receiving. If the Saints are healthy late in the year they could make a run. If not then the lack of depth makes them unlikely to make any post season noise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom