Saints Have been Busy in FA, If You Think About It. (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints have dramatically retooled their defense over the weekend. A trade for star MLB Jonathan Vilma has been followed up by two AFC free agent additions in CB Randall Gay (New England) and DE Bobby McCray (Jacksonville). The moves accompany a flurry of re-signings including G Jamar Nesbit, C Jonathan Goodwin, WR Terrance Copper, K Martin Gramatica, DT Brian Young, MLB Mark Simoneau, WR Devery Henderson and RB Aaron Stecker

I had not really thought of it that way until I got this update(above) from WWL. 11 FA's in the last few days is VERY busy. If they can get Colston, Evans & W Smith extended, this would be a amazing off season with the draft still to follow.:worthy:

We're getting it done on both sides of the ball this time. Sure, we aquired some defensive help last year, but didn't pan out the way WE wanted them to.

Why do I have the wierd feeling that they are setting themselves up for a monster move in the draft.

Solid role players are a plus. But, the Saints are severely lacking for talent worthy of starting in the NFL at CB, #2 WR, TE, and need upgrades at ROLB, DT, and FS. The Saints can fill two of those needs in the draft, maybe three. To say the Saints 'have dramatically retooled their defense" is delusional. Now, CB Cromartie, LB Mayo, and DT Moore in the draft, which is very possible, would go along was to addressing the problem. The sky isn't falling as alot of you like to say when someone says anything negative at all around here, but the Saints still have along way to go to be competitive on defense.

Solid role players are a plus. But, the Saints are severely lacking for talent worthy of starting in the NFL at CB, #2 WR, TE, and need upgrades at ROLB, DT, and FS. The Saints can fill two of those needs in the draft, maybe three. To say the Saints 'have dramatically retooled their defense" is delusional. Now, CB Cromartie, LB Mayo, and DT Moore in the draft, which is very possible, would go along was to addressing the problem. The sky isn't falling as alot of you like to say when someone says anything negative at all around here, but the Saints still have along way to go to be competitive on defense.

I understand the reality check, but I don't think it's as bad as you think. There are some positions that still need alot of attention, but I believe we are on the way to fixing this defense. I'm really hoping for a few solid players in the draft to help round it out.

I mean, its March 3rd, and our defense is better than it was on Feb 28.

Vilma will sure up the middle.
We add another pass rusher,

And any CB we add is better than Craft, Thomas, and David is a plus.

I know Gay is no lock down guy, but he's experienced, and battle tested.

Plus we have a whole draft ahead of us.

Which some are seeming to forget in this FA craze.

If we use Grant as a DT next year, like Tuck in the Superbowl, that would be awesome. Wonder if it would work?:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom