Saints have been great in October but nose dive in November (1 Viewer)

SaintsNY

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Since 2014 they are 9-3 in October.

November: 2-6.
December: 4-4.
January: 1-0.

This will probably be the make or break month and its not going to be easy.

----

@ 49ers. Does this game scream let down to anyone? Coming off an emotional win and they don't play as well on the road. They SHOULD win this game but the Saints must go out there and take care of business against a poor team. Hopefully they are healthy on defense.

vs Broncos. Another tough defense coming in at home. Playing at the dome should provide a boost.

@ Panthers. Not the same team as last year but divisional games are always tough. It is also a short week playing on TNF.

vs Rams. They're not good, but those damn Rams have our number. Game is at home though with a mini bye, so that's nice.

-----

3-1 is a realistic possibility. I see Broncos and Panthers more questionable than 9ers and Rams. 2-2 wouldn't be the worst thing but that would put them in a tough spot heading down the stretch. Obviously another 1-3 in November would kill their playoff aspirations.

I see this 9ers crucial and maybe set up some good vibes for the rest of the month.

We always seem to have bad fortune with injuries. Seems the bug hit us earlier than usual this season. I'm hoping that translates to this November being healthier and more productive than previous ones.

The road game vs the Panthers worries me the most. They came ready to play vs the Cards. It should be a war though. Can't wait to see how we respond this next 4 weeks.

I like the Broncos at home actually. They're a lot like Seattle in some ways. Their offense has been inconsistent and their defense has been pretty good. I think we can score on em and if our defense plays like they did against Seattle, I like the matchup.

The challenge with most years is that we have to expend so much energy getting back to .500 that you can almost see a team running on fumes early in November. I don't get that sense this year. Coupled with the fact that the defense is actually improving and Brees has been kept clean this year - 35/35 run to pass ratios don't hurt - and, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I get the feeling it could be different this Novemeber.

Realistically, We as fans, should be happy with 2 and 2 in November and hope we are super healthy for the last 5 and go 4-1 to finish and hope 9-7 gets us in.

Going 6-3 in our final 9 would be pretty impressive IMO. 5 of 9 are road games and against mostly above average teams.

It seems like only yesterday that the Saints were undefeated in November from 2009-2011. Time flies. :sad:

I would take that split right now between the Denver and Carolina games, so 3-1 is there for the taking and outside of the Denver game, the Saints must defend home turf the rest of the way.

My thoughts -

@ 49ers - for whatever reason the Niners ALWAYS bring their "A" game when they play the Saints. They are always up to play the Saints and will be at home. This will not be an easy game.

Broncos - the Saints will once again be facing a top Defense. In the red zone they'll need to produce touchdowns not kick FGs. If they can do that and limit turnovers they should have a decent shot in the game.

@ Panthers - this will be yet another down to the wire division matchup.

Rams - Gregg Williams' Ds have always given Sean Payton nightmares (why do you think he hired him?). Williams will have have his D ready to play and bring the heat on Brees. Throw each team's records out - this is a grudge match.

On paper this doesn't look like a bad stretch of games (9ers 1-6, Broncos 6-2, Panthers 2-5, Rams 3-4) but "on paper" and reality are two entirely different things.......

Good thing that stats don't put on the pads and actually play. With the team starting to gel on defense, the offense being on point and key players getting healthy on defense. I believe November is going to be a good month.

Since 2008, this has been the Saints record for November:

2015 1-3
2014 1-3
2013 3-1
2012 3-1
2011 4-0
2010 4-0
2009 4-0
2008 2-2

Only time will tell.

its all about getting hot when it matters the most .... we have games against denver which I believe we can win at home ... and @Carolina on TNF ... if we win these two somehow, I think we'll be in business as far as playoffs are concerned ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom