Saints have interest in Robbie Anderson (1 Viewer)

6'3" 190lbs

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.34 seconds
Vertical: 36 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 8 inches
Short shuttle: 4.28 seconds
3-cone: 7.07 seconds
Bench: 8 reps of 225 pounds

I don't like Robbie Anderson. He is a great deep threat...but he is pretty worthless within 15 yards. He's soft and doesn't make contested passes. He's highly reliant on his QB being able to deliver the ball to him downfield to break off long catches. I'm doubtful that Drew Brees is that guy. Considering how tight we are with money...it just seems like he would be a rarely used luxury. I'd much rather get a guy like Emmanuel Sanders and invest through the draft.

But isn't Sanders commanding just as much money in Free Agency?

I always liked Robbie Anderson... but I am a bit leery at his lack of production with the Jets. Should have been a 1000-yard receiver... but wasn't.

I don't like Robbie Anderson. He is a great deep threat...but he is pretty worthless within 15 yards. He's soft and doesn't make contested passes. He's highly reliant on his QB being able to deliver the ball to him downfield to break off long catches. I'm doubtful that Drew Brees is that guy. Considering how tight we are with money...it just seems like he would be a rarely used luxury. I'd much rather get a guy like Emmanuel Sanders and invest through the draft.
I respectfully disagree. He made a highlight reel of bailing Darnold out within 15 yards. Their Oline was trash, Darnold was under a lot of pressure this year, and Anderson did an admirable job despite. Dude isn’t afraid of going across the middle, so toughness isn’t an issue. He’s a talented WR that would flourish in our system. He will be looking for big $$$, so he may be out of our price range.

But isn't Sanders commanding just as much money in Free Agency?

Who knows. It's a bad year to be a free agent WR...the draft is just loaded with WR's. Why would I go out and get Robbie Anderson on a 3-4 year deal and pay $8+ million per season when I get get a guy in rounds 1-3 who has a good chance of being a big time contributor? It may suppress WR salaries a bit.

I haven't paid much attention to Robby Anderson as I bought into the "he's only a deep threat" narrative. However, although he is a little thin, it looks like he can do quite a bit and would be a nice addition. He looks to track the ball really well and he seems to catch everything with his hands. In a SP offense with Brees or whoever takes over, his catch % would go up. Also, we do not have anyone with his speed at WR.

With that said, I can't see spending a lot at all on a FA WR. This WR class is so deep that although we might not be able to get a Robby Anderson in the draft, we could get someone very close to it or maybe even better with different strengths.

This will also be his age 27 season so he is younger than some of the other FA names being thrown around and he is in his prime.

If there are that many teams interested in him then we will almost certainly not be signing him. Our best bet is to use draft capital to add a receiver. We just don't have the cash to be big players in free agency
We’re $13.7M under the cap now. We could sign him and Emmanuel Sanders if they wanted. Please stop worrying about the cap, it doesn’t apply to us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom