Saints have second-best roster in NFL says Bucky Brooks (1 Viewer)

We have a damn good roster! LT is probably my biggest concern!

I disagree with his #1 tho....I was expecting it to be the Bills
I would have thought that also, I think their roster is good, but the team "buy in" and Josh Allen being the leader of both the offense and defense is their secret sauce. They look like we used to look......................hungry with a chip on our shoulder big as a school bus!!!!!

Our roster pretty stacked got all pro players at every level on offense and defense. LB is the only spot we dont have quality deph.

The question of overall roster talent is most uncorrelated with winning due to singular players who overcome lack of talent elsewhere on the roster. (i.e. the reasons the Bucs, the Chiefs, the Bengals, and the Bills are not on this list despite being teams who have won a lot of games.) The Saints have three quality units if you assume the players returning from injury and added on offense make the offense a top ten unit. Brooks obviously believes in Winston whereas I think analysts mouthing the "but Winston threw 30 interceptions in Tampa stat" do so in part to up the mythological greatness of Tom Brady in a subconscious way. (i.e. maybe it was just that Winston was horrible and Brady is super amazing in why the Bucs won the Superbowl. While in part true the real truth is somewhere in the middle of Arians original offense got adapted to Tom Brady and in original form was interception prone for any quarterback in that system. Winston probably would have been resigned if the greatest quarterback in NFL history was not available.) In short, the Drew Breesless Saints still beating Brady's Bucs multiple times is evidence of a superior roster. The mostly there game 1, 2021 Saints dominating the Packers is evidence of a superior roster. The Saints somehow still having a winning record after being decimated by injuries last year is evidence of a superior roster. The Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, and Bucs did not make this list because they have four of the best quarterbacks in the NFL and that covers up a lot of holes, although I do think the Bills should be in the Packers spot and bump them out. I think the Packers are much more about Aaron Rogers than overall roster talent. The Browns have a ton of talent but they have overleveraged future cap space to do so and are going to have to unload good players and have no early draft picks to reload.

Last edited:
This might be true but unless you have a decent QB it ain't gonna matter , every now and then you'll get a team with a great roster and no QB (2001 Ravens) to win but it will not be on a consistent level unless you get a QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom