Saints have signed 4 (1 Viewer)

I would be surprised if we traded for a TE or a WR. With Brees back, Taysom Hill will get more playing time. He is being used more and more as the “pass catching” TE with Cooke out. He has also lined up in the slot as a WR.
Right now, CB is a real concern with 3 of them injured against the Bears. If Apple is good to go on Sunday, then we only need a couple for special teams and as back ups. It appears that yesterday’s signings addressed the special teams.

Yeah, that was what I took from it. By all accounts, the CB we signed is a strong special teams player, which makes me think he's here more to fill in for J.T. Gray than Eli Apple. If we were worried about filling in for Eli, I think we would've signed someone like Munnerlyn who has a lot more experience as a starting CB.

This must mean Eli is in good shape.

So much for my “they are going to trade for an underrated young WR before the deadline” theory. These are probably four of the most boring (but logical) signings ever. Here’s to hoping they only see the field on Special Teams or not at all.

So much for my “they are going to trade for an underrated young WR before the deadline” theory. These are probably four of the most boring (but logical) signings ever. Here’s to hoping they only see the field on Special Teams or not at all.

They’re still looking hard. I’d be surprised if they didn’t add someone before Tuesday at this point. Only questions are who and for how much?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom