Saints have their eye on WM basketball player (1 Viewer)

No way this guy goes before the 6th round. He's a project at best. I'm not a basketball expert, but don't know of too many centers in college or the NBA that can run with speed. If anything, I'd think we'd want to go for a power forward...height and speed and good hands.

Because of his height, he'd be considered very "lanky." Unless he was used as a red zone option, I don't see him being able to take a pounding on a regular basis or outrun a LB. I do agree we had someone like this two years ago in Z. Hilton and he was cut. I

No way this guy goes before the 6th round. He's a project at best. I'm not a basketball expert, but don't know of too many centers in college or the NBA that can run with speed. If anything, I'd think we'd want to go for a power forward...height and speed and good hands.

Because of his height, he'd be considered very "lanky." Unless he was used as a red zone option, I don't see him being able to take a pounding on a regular basis or outrun a LB. I do agree we had someone like this two years ago in Z. Hilton and he was cut. I

He's would put on 50 lbs and become an LT, according to the article.

Last edited:
Zach Hilton is not the be all and end all of tall pass catching TE's.

Just because he didn't work out doesn't mean this is a bad idea.

Has anyone tried putting on 50 pounds fast? IT tends to be mostly fat. If you do it the right way it will take almost two years and at least one full year. He will be a long-term project. In today's NFL that's too long to wait IMO.

Zach Hilton is not the be all and end all of tall pass catching TE's.

Just because he didn't work out doesn't mean this is a bad idea.

I think the point is that if we already had a 6'8 strictly pass catching TE why would you get rid of him and go with another less proven 6'7 strictly pass catching TE.

The smart move is to go play basketball in Europe. He seems like a smart kid.

this is what the practice squad is for.

eric

the next board favorite that turns out to be nothing

I think the point is that if we already had a 6'8 strictly pass catching TE why would you get rid of him and go with another less proven 6'7 strictly pass catching TE.

I wouldn't file him under strictly pass catching when apparently the Ravens have this guy pegged as their next LT.

Perhaps Charles Grant Can invite him over for Dinner with his kids he had to feed, to put some wieght on.

maybe we wanted one all along but there was something with Zach not beknownst to the non-insider.

I still like Zach.

Afterall, living in WV we gotta "love dem eers"

Gates wasn't an amazing run blocker, and a run-blocking TE is pretty far down the list of priorities. Y'know, after run-blocking right tackle, run-blocking left guard, run-blocking center...

Everyone who keeps looking to find the next "Gates" is only kidding themselves. Every player has his own attributes and only makes people blind. A run blocking TE is pretty far down the list of priorities? Thank god you aren't the GM. How about a complete TE who may not be great in one thing but good/decent is both facets? That is what what every coach looks for in a TE. It helps with game planning and when deciding who will be on the roster.

Hilton was a lot farther along as a TE and was cut. I would hope the team wouldn't throw a draft pick down the drain for someone who never played the game. the odds of finding the next gates is one in a million.

We have a better chance finding the next colston than we do the next gates.

Because everyone is different? Zach just wasn't the player some thought he was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom