Saints have worst backup QB in the league (1 Viewer)

"After a great 2006 season, Brees struggled some in 2007 behind a shaky offensive line..."

After I read this, I figured the person didn't know what he was talking about and I stopped reading. He doesn't even know that the Saints allowed the fewest sacks by far last season, and considering that Brees set a new record for pass attempts speaks volumes about this guy's lack of knowledge. Furthermore, that he has Romo, Roethlisberger, and Hasselback ahead of Brees only adds to the suspicion he is a clueless writer. Typical of the ESPN Scouts, though.

No, the writer was right. They let up very few sacks, but they still allowed Brees to be pressured entirely too much, and Brees didn't get sacked because he was able to get rid of the ball. The offensive line WAS shaky last year, and severely underperformed compared to 2006.

No, the writer was right. They let up very few sacks, but they still allowed Brees to be pressured entirely too much, and Brees didn't get sacked because he was able to get rid of the ball. The offensive line WAS shaky last year, and severely underperformed compared to 2006.

uh games 1-4 were not a good indicator of this group overall. Take away those games and defense is the only real problem with this team.

"After a great 2006 season, Brees struggled some in 2007 behind a shaky offensive line..."

After I read this, I figured the person didn't know what he was talking about and I stopped reading. He doesn't even know that the Saints allowed the fewest sacks by far last season, and considering that Brees set a new record for pass attempts speaks volumes about this guy's lack of knowledge. Furthermore, that he has Romo, Roethlisberger, and Hasselback ahead of Brees only adds to the suspicion he is a clueless writer. Typical of the ESPN Scouts, though.

I hear what you are saying but part of that is down to Drew's quick decision making and quick release.

When he did struggle, it was because he was pressured, especially in the first four games. He didn't take sacks but the pressure forced bad throws and interceptions, even a few that were just thrown up for grabs which is uncharachteristic of Drew.

Pressure was a factor this year, even if the sack stats don't show it.

Despite the stats I think we could upgrade on the line, particularly at Center. Brown might actually be better off at RT also.

I post very little, but have been a Saints fan since the 80's. I'm also a Canuck, so I can tell you that Kerry Joseph the starting QB for the Saskatchewan Roughriders( whom won the Grey Cup this year,which is the equalivant to the SuperBowl here in Canada) is having a tryout with the Saints soon.

I don't know if he is the answer but thought I'd share the info. He does have a rocket arm, is built a brick s*^% house, runs the ball well when needed. He spent 5 years with Seattle, but as a safety, came up to the CFL to play QB. Downside, he tends to overthrow the ball at times. and he is 34.

There are three backup QB's a snap away from playing in the Superbowl this weekend that Jamie Martin is much better than...

sorry, just saw the other thread on Joseph, etc... apologies. .mods please remove if required.

thkx

Despite the stats I think we could upgrade on the line, particularly at Center. Brown might actually be better off at RT also.

Jammal Brown at RT? Are you kidding.

I think Scouts, Inc is pretty out of touch. It's mentally challenged that they make you pay for that crap.

Jammal Brown at RT? Are you kidding.

I think Scouts, Inc is pretty out of touch. It's mentally challenged that they make you pay for that crap.

No. He came into the league at RT and he played there as a rookie and played well. He's played decently at LT but has been shaky at times.

uh games 1-4 were not a good indicator of this group overall. Take away those games and defense is the only real problem with this team.

They may not be a good indicator, but that doesn't mean we can pretend they didn't happen. With only 16 games to a season, you don't get to take games off the shelf.

They may not be a good indicator, but that doesn't mean we can pretend they didn't happen. With only 16 games to a season, you don't get to take games off the shelf.

No doubt... the point, I suppose, is that for 75% of the season the struggling part wasn't as acute.

But yeah, they need to play above .500 for 4 quarters every season, every game.

I see Brees as no worse than the 5th best QB in the league. I could conceivably put Romo and Roethlisberger ahead of him (based at least on this past year) as well as obviously Manning and Brady.

No doubt... the point, I suppose, is that for 75% of the season the struggling part wasn't as acute.

But yeah, they need to play above .500 for 4 quarters every season, every game.

The OL probably didn't have 3 real good games run-blocking the whole year. Our OL is soft with Stinch and undersized Faine (two player that consitantly don't get any decent amount of push).

That being said our Defense was horrible last year, worse than the year before because we got absolutely very very little pressure on the QB and our secondary did not improve form the year before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom