Saints haven’t allowed a 100 yard rusher in 25 straight games (1 Viewer)

The Rams entire offense is predicated on the run game. So much of their passing game is based on play action and fake wr jet sweeps and similar motions. The key to this game for the Saints defense might sound counter-intuitive considering our secondary, but it is staying disciplined in their gap/lane assignments and shutting down the Rams run game, forcing Goff to beat them with his arm.

Agreed. I don't think Goff can handle the pressure without his safety valve, Kupp. If it's me, I make them one dimensional and *dare* Goff to beat me.

CJ Anderson is a product of the offensive line. Gurley is elite but there combo isn't half the weapon AK41 and Ingram deliver. I do however think the streak will be broken this week

It’s not 100 yards total, it’s a 100 yard rusher. Which Rams back do you think will get 100 yards?

Given that they use the two quite a bit, I think that if one of them has a 100 yard day, it’s probably pretty bad news for the Saints.

CJ Anderson is a product of the offensive line. Gurley is elite but there combo isn't half the weapon AK41 and Ingram deliver. I do however think the streak will be broken this week
Let’s not go overboard with it ain’t half. Gurley is a man beast and may be the best overall back in the nfl. Wouldn’t trade anyone for AK but I wouldn’t be upset to see Gurley in dat black n gold one day

When CJ Anderson is in, play the run. He doesn't catch ball out of backfield.

Yes it was. I was at that game too. Awesome to witness.

Not Perine rushing, the epic 4th qtr. comeback.

That was as epic as the Miami game in '09. I thought we were going to do the same thing against the Bucs in week 1 this year.... how do you let Fitz pick up that 3rd and 11 with his legs? There was no doubt in my mind Drew was going to tie it up and force overtime like against Washington last year.

In all those games Rankins was in there. Hes out this game. Davison, Onyematta, and Stallworth need to step up get the job done. Plus they may have big payday coming they shut down Rams run game. Plug those holes let the LBers eat. Hope Teo get plenty playing time. Hes a run stopper for sure. Cant believe he havent suited up much.

Last edited:
Ryan Nielsen > Bill Johnson

...and it ain't even close!

Concur wholeheartedly.

It’s no coincidence that our run defense this year was ranked 1st in rushing YPC for nearly the entire year until the Week 17 preseason game while the Rams run defense is dead last in rushing YPC.

Rams rushing defense in YPC ranks since hiring Bill Johnson:
  • 2017 - 30th
  • 2018 - 32nd
Damn straight Bill. The Rams have Fowler, Suh, Donald, and Brockers, yet the Saints have more sacks. That's called not knowing what the hell your doing and not getting the most out of your talent.

That’s called having Bill Johnson as your defensive line coach.

That’s impressive. I wonder if anyone else has a longer streak. That’s a stat I’d like to hear one of the national guys bring up when the rest of the panel is gushing over the Rams run game. And while we’re at it I’m thinking Kamara and Ingram are probably sick of hearing how the Rams have the better tandem.
It's seems like whenever announcers mention a streak it ends ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom