Saints Head Coach Sean Payton press conference transcript, Weds. 01/13/10 (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
New Orleans Saints Head Coach Sean Payton press conference transcript
Written by Dave Lawrence (New Orleans Saints)
Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Opening Statement:

“From an injury standpoint, Bobby McCray (back) was full; Pierre Thomas (ribs) was full; Malcolm Jenkins (hamstring) was limited; and Lance Moore (ankle) was limited. Those were the four guys on the report. Today was a lot of nickel, third down work.”

Are you encouraged with where Pierre Thomas is at this point?

“He’s doing well. Certainly the time has helped him and he’s practicing well.”

How does a guy like Jeremy Shockey help you guys with your downfield passing game?

“The importance of a tight end with what we do – both in the run game and the pass game – is significant. Whether it’s in the intermediate routes or down the field more, those are both things that factor in to what we do passing the ball.”

What specifically about Shockey helps? Does he draw more attention from safeties than some other tight ends?

“You get certain coverages and a lot of things depend on what coverages you’re getting in regards to the progression of the quarterback. He gives you a threat inside. I think any tight end that is able to get up the field and catch the ball like he can gives you that.”

Continue:
http://www.neworleans.com/sports/sa...-sean-payton-press-conference-transcript.html

Your team seems to really play well with a lead. Do you feel that’s the case?
Apparently someone missed the second Tampa Bay game.

How has Drew Brees improved as a quarterback since you were last in the postseason?

“He has three more years in the offense and I think our rushing attack is better than it was in ’06, which is conducive to getting good quarterback play.

Wow, I have to say I'm surprised to hear SP say that he thinks we're better this year with Thomas, Bell, and Bush then we were with Deuce and Bush. Especially considering that Deuce and Reggie were the main reason we won in the Divisional Championship game in '06 (and the lack of which being the main reason we lost in the NFC Championship game).

Last edited:
Apparently someone missed the second Tampa Bay game.

Wow, I have to say I'm surprised to hear SP say that he thinks we're better this year with Thomas, Bell, and Bush then we were with Deuce and Bush. Especially considering that Deuce and Reggie were the main reason we won in the Divisional Championship game in '06 (and the lack of which being the main reason we lost in the NFC Championship game).

The rushing attack is about more than who is running the ball. blocking and play calling have a lot to do with a running games success.
he was not bashing deuce just saying as a team it is better. imo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom