Saints held tryouts today (1 Viewer)

RedJem

Official SR Twitter Team & Host of Fleurs Truly
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saints had a bunch of tryouts today. Among them: G Todd Herremans, TE Bear Pascoe, QB Ricky Stanzi</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/770340605608140800">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OT Khalif Barnes and QB Charlie Whitehurst also tried out for the Saints today.</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/770341443671986176">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Infoman

Towelie / Marsh 2020
Reaction score
Gonna be ****** if we cut Grayson ( I assume he's why we are looking at QB) ... should have drafted a G or DE with that 3rd round pick...

We shall see....

superlaser

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
to me, this smells of serious smoke from the behind the scenes fire of trade talks with Dallas re: Leary and McCown, scouting out possible replacements for each on the market to help with valuing the trade.

Nolan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Gonna be ****** if we cut Grayson ( I assume he's why we are looking at QB) ... should have drafted a G or DE with that 3rd round pick...

We shall see....
My interpretation is the opposite.. I think they're strongly considering keeping Grayson and cutting McCown, and it would make sense to try out these QBs to see what they have if we need to call on one of them at any point during the season, because it's not like any of them will be on a roster.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
My interpretation is the opposite.. I think they're strongly considering keeping Grayson and cutting McCown, and it would make sense to try out these QBs to see what they have if we need to call on one of them at any point during the season, because it's not like any of them will be on a roster.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Apparently you type faster than me.

Muerte33

All-Pro
Reaction score
Harremans has played in 132 games in the NFL.
Hopefully he can handle left guard in a pinch for us.

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Hmm. Not too much to get excited about with mostly low-grade has-beens. I'm waiting for someone who's coming off their first contract (not their second or third) to be cut or traded to us. I'm holding out hope for a way to bring Leary here. Our top 5 offense will be a top 5 failure without some better beef up front.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Either coach has "seen enough" with Grayson after Friday's debacle, McCown has a mysterious season-ending injury, or we are looking to trade a QB to Dallas in exchange for Leary.

RaisingTheBar

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Coach didn't sound too happy with Grayson after last game. First time he's ever said anything about him being behind schedule as far as where they thought his progression would be at this point.

OP
RedJem

RedJem

Official SR Twitter Team & Host of Fleurs Truly
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jack Tabb tried out for the Saints today. Bear Pascoe as well</p>&mdash; Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) <a href="https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/770344358071656449">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Devildog

Combobulated
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saints had a bunch of tryouts today. Among them: G Todd Herremans, TE Bear Pascoe, QB Ricky Stanzi</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/770340605608140800">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OT Khalif Barnes and QB Charlie Whitehurst also tried out for the Saints today.</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/770341443671986176">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
It's be nice to finally see a Jesus lookalike in a Saints uniform. :hihi:

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought everyone knew that almost every Monday the team tries out players. they do it to keep emergency lists updated. And if they really like what they see, they look at the grade vs the current roster.

But just because some QB's were in, I wouldn't read too much into that.

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
to me, this smells of serious smoke from the behind the scenes fire of trade talks with Dallas re: Leary and McCown, scouting out possible replacements for each on the market to help with valuing the trade.
I was thinking along these lines, Dal needs a QB and we have a decent backup, perfect trade bait for Ronald Leary, but then we would need a better backup than Grayson. Where is Matt Flynn?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom