Saints held tryouts today (1 Viewer)

to me, this smells of serious smoke from the behind the scenes fire of trade talks with Dallas re: Leary and McCown, scouting out possible replacements for each on the market to help with valuing the trade.

I was thinking along these lines, Dal needs a QB and we have a decent backup, perfect trade bait for Ronald Leary, but then we would need a better backup than Grayson. Where is Matt Flynn?

QB's in camp may be a little nudge to get Drew signed, or to build a fire under Grayson.

I was thinking along these lines, Dal needs a QB and we have a decent backup, perfect trade bait for Ronald Leary, but then we would need a better backup than Grayson. Where is Matt Flynn?

But why Leary? He won't come cheap & there are pretty comparable guards out there who have been released today.

It will be like it is most years, lots of churn at the "bottom" of the roster, players 47-53 or so. That DOES NOT mean that the team won't pick up 1-2 solid contributors from this. This year it is probably more likely that the team gets a solid contributor through a cut/acquisition, trade/trade for player(s) or a trade for a conditional pick because of the glaring need for another Guard.

The front office has done a pretty good job with the roster on the Defensive side of the ball in the last 18 months or so, we just need them to step up just a little for O-Line help now.

Grayson, Jenkins, Lelito, and Swann ... all need a good game on Thursday night. They all won't be cut, but it's possible one or two could be gone on September 3.

Grayson, at this point in his 2nd camp, doesn't even compare to Chase Daniel, who was selected off waivers from the Redskins. Grayson's performance on Thursday night might determine whether he stays or goes.

I want to know what WR got cut. Saints still trying out players i know D'Runnya Wilson is better than Coleman.

I say we trade some toilet paper to Atlanta for Matt Ryan and then trade him to Dallas for Leary and a six pack. :scratch:

I want to know what WR got cut. Saints still trying out players i know D'Runnya Wilson is better than Coleman.

shaq-finally-gets-it-shaq-gifs.gif

to me, this smells of serious smoke from the behind the scenes fire of trade talks with Dallas re: Leary and McCown, scouting out possible replacements for each on the market to help with valuing the trade.
Exactly my thought.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

TEs = HooMan to IR?

That's really interesting considering every single one of Coleman's measurables other than 3 cone drill is better than Wilson's and even that difference is tiny. also, Coleman had more than 400 yards last season. What has Wilson done?

better question is why Flynn didn't tryout in Dallas?

Gonna be ****** if we cut Grayson ( I assume he's why we are looking at QB) ... should have drafted a G or DE with that 3rd round pick...

We shall see....

Yes, because every other team in the league has hit a home run when they drafted a quarterback, shame on us for not. Guess we shouldn't even try.

Saw a lot of Herremans with the Colts last year. Look up the term "washed up" in the dictionary, his picture will be right next to it.

Khalif Barnes was pretty decent with the Raiders from what I know. I would imagine they are thinking of the guard spot with him, I don't think he can play tackle any better than Strief.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom