NFL Draft Saints hold FaceTime pre-draft meetings with a couple LB prospects... (1 Viewer)

Darius Leonard, last years defensive rookie of the year and pro bowler ran a 4.70 and a 4.68.
Those results are misleading though he came into the combine with a pulled Quad, and injured his Hamstring running those two Forty attempts.

Whoever believes that is pretty far off," Leonard said. "I got hurt running that 4.7." "I'd say I was 70-80 percent," Leonard said of his health during workouts. "I was in a lot of pain. I could never recover. Every time I felt like I was good, I went back out there and I would just push it.

Leonard played much faster than that on his South Carolina tape and when healthy runs in the 4.5 range.

If you're a Linebacker and you run close to 4.8 speed unfortunately in Todays NFL you're more than likely going to be relegated as a pure special teams guy like Josey Jewell, Ben Gedeon, or Colton Jumper no matter how good your instincts were in college.

You just simply can't run to plays in time with that kind of Play Speed an OC like Shanahan, or Kubiak will destroy those type of Linebackers with outside zone runs, play-action boots, and stretch them vertically and laterally..

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom