Saints Homer Comment????????? (1 Viewer)

Sader

Rookie
Reaction score
Just an observation. I know how well the Saints are doing this year and I know how we all want this team to go to the superbowl, but is this team just one draft away from being a superbowl contender?

I truly believe that this team can be a legitimate superbowl contender with one more draft and offseason.

Just an observation. I know how well the Saints are doing this year and I know how we all want this team to go to the superbowl, but is this team just one draft away from being a superbowl contender?

I truly believe that this team can be a legitimate superbowl contender with one more draft and offseason.

That's probably realistic (if we have another solid draft like this year), along with a few critical FA acquisitions, but stranger things have happened.

I.E. Injuries, and momentum play just as critical a role right now as to who ends up in the big dance, as does coaching and talent - for that small group of good teams.

In my guesstimation, there are about 9-10 teams that could fit this description coming down the stretch - The next 4-5 weeks will clear up a lot of things.

Last edited:
I think so, but it would take another strong draft. Our only really serious positions of need are CB and MLB in my opinion. If we can pick up two legit starters at those positions, we'll be in pretty good shape. I would also like to see as add more depth at OLB, DT, TE, OL, and WR.

Our offense should be crazy good next year with the OL developing further as well as having Marques and Reggie with another year under their belt.

With that being said, its not out of the question for us to make a run this season. There is no team in the NFC that I feel is that much better than us, except maybe Chicago. If the Colts choke during the playoffs, it would be nice getting to play the Ravens again in the Superbowl. A Superbowl run this year is improbable but certainly is not impossible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom