Saints' Horn sits out practice Friday (1 Viewer)

Dizzycajun

Brees IS the Answer
Reaction score
Saints' Horn sits out practice Friday
Joe Horn - WR - NO - Nov. 10 - 5:34 p.m. ET
After practicing without restrictions on Thursday, Joe Horn (questionable, groin) missed at least a portion of 11-on-11s Friday.
Horn looks like a game-time decision. New Orleans plays Sunday afternoon, so only consider using Horn if you a good option among the late games. Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper should pick up snaps.Nov. 10 - 5:34 p.m. ET

Back to Payton's rule. No practice, No play?

man that sucks...as much as devery and marques showed up last week against tampa, we could really use joe's leadership on the field this sunday. COME ON JOE!

Downgraded to Doubtful... just saw it on the ESPN scroller...

Is not getting better? Is he re-injuring this thing by trying to come back too soon?
Maybe he's better off just staying off of it for a couple of weeks. We will need him in the stretch.

I think we may be seeing the beginning of the end of Joe's career. He has spent a lot of time nicked up over the past three season's. Granted he has generally played through the injuries whenever possible. But the injuries seem to be getting more frequent.

Thank god we found Colston.

Unfortunately I'm forced to agree with BlackAdder, Joe is having more and more problems with the injuries. What great player he has been for us, I wonder if his ego would allow him to tranisition to a reserve role?

I may get bashed for this but I am kind of glad he will be out. Don't get me wrong, I love Joe and everything he has done for this organization but I think getting Devery on the field and allowing him and Brees to really establish their timing and trust would do world's for this offense when Horn comes back. If Devery can have another big game then it will open up this offense that much more.

With that said, I hope Joe can be ready to go against the Bengals.

Unfortunately I'm forced to agree with BlackAdder, Joe is having more and more problems with the injuries. What great player he has been for us, I wonder if his ego would allow him to tranisition to a reserve role?

It's just an ego question. Moving him into the slot or down the depth chart, Colston & Henderson's development allowing, could prolong his career.

But father time may be catching up with him. At his age the muscle pulls get more and more frequent.

I hope he can get through this and come back ASAP. He's still got some football in him if he can get healthy.

I agree with all of you guys, its seems that he's been knicked up a bit in the past few years and it may be coming to an end or at least a drop in depth like ya'll mentioned. I also agree with the other person in the fact that this might be the perfect time for guys like Devery and Copper and the rest of the guys to get snaps and establish themselves.........Horn if he's hurt should just get rested so we can have him healthy going down the stretch.....

Love Horn, but it doesn't bother me that hes not playing. When hes out we rotate 3-4 different guys in at the number 2 spot. People never know whos getting the ball. I actually think its quite an advantage. Just look at devery. They forgot about him twice last week and that = 2 scores.

With a big name like joe hes just gonna draw double teams all game.

Love Horn, but it doesn't bother me that hes not playing. When hes out we rotate 3-4 different guys in at the number 2 spot. People never know whos getting the ball. I actually think its quite an advantage. Just look at devery. They forgot about him twice last week and that = 2 scores.

With a big name like joe hes just gonna draw double teams all game.

Yea and those double teams open up for others.....Colston will obviously draw more and more double teams as the season goes on that's why it is imperative the Devery steps up big time now that he's getting the chance...

I may get bashed for this but I am kind of glad he will be out. Don't get me wrong, I love Joe and everything he has done for this organization but I think getting Devery on the field and allowing him and Brees to really establish their timing and trust would do world's for this offense when Horn comes back. If Devery can have another big game then it will open up this offense that much more.

With that said, I hope Joe can be ready to go against the Bengals.

I understand your logic here, but when Joe's on the field it gives us a better chance to win. When hes on the field, hes the one thats going to get double covered, not Colston, which creates a huge advantage for us. I really want him out there atlest for 3rd down, or in the red zone plays. I really hope Joe stays with us until he retires, and then after that I hope he gets a broadcasting job for us.

How many years does Joe have left on his contract?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom