Saints host LaBoy, McCray, Glen, Gay, & Reeves (1 Viewer)

• Banned
OP
Mr. Malcolm

Mr. Malcolm

Very Banned
Reaction score
I know some of this is old news, maybe all but its more or less a "that-a-boy" at our aggressiveness this year...instead of keeping our hands in our pockets like we have in the past.

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Reeves ain't too good, he's a nickel back at best!!

Gay might challenge for a start, i'd say

LOOMIS GO GAY!!

CargoJon

Banned
Reaction score
Reeves ain't too good, he's a nickel back at best!!

Gay might challenge for a start, i'd say

LOOMIS GO GAY!!

Post of the day.

Jeez if we sign this guy, the jokes on here are never going to stop. :hihi:

whiteshadowen

Millsaps TC forever
Reaction score
I'm holding off on issuing out any "that-a-boy's". Getting Vilma is great, but that was a trade. That was consumated between Saints and Jets Management and it involved future draft picks.

We've been rumored in a lot of discussions, but let's be real. Last time I looked we haven't signed any FA's but Young, Simoneau, Copper, and Nesbit. In other words, nothing we have done in Free Agency has improved us yet. As the saying goes, "Show me the Money"...we haven't shown it yet. Give me Briggs and I'll give you an atta-boy.

xLr8n

Banned
Reaction score
I'm holding off on issuing out any "that-a-boy's". Getting Vilma is great, but that was a trade. That was consumated between Saints and Jets Management and it involved future draft picks.

We've been rumored in a lot of discussions, but let's be real. Last time I looked we haven't signed any FA's but Young, Simoneau, Copper, and Nesbit. In other words, nothing we have done in Free Agency has improved us yet. As the saying goes, "Show me the Money"...we haven't shown it yet. Give me Briggs and I'll give you an atta-boy.

I'm looking to improve. Who cares if it involved a trade?

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
gay would be a #2 corner, only 2nd to a healthy mckenzie
he is a solid, reliable m2m guy

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score

signing expensive players in free agency doesn't win you championships.

st.randy

otis
Reaction score

I always thought that you get a better impact player through trades anyway. I'll go out on a limb with an attaboy.

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score

After watching the Giants target and abuse Gay in the Super Bowl, I'm not so sure he's a guy that would really improve our secondary all that much. Still though... he'd probably help.

Actually, I think LaBoy would help our pass D alot more than Gay would. We need to get more pressure, and that guy can get after it... I'm hoping we snag him.

It sucks the Dolphins signed Randy Starks, I was hoping for him, but now we'll never get the chance.

The main guy I'm hoping we sign right now is RB Michael Turner. Mike D. was on WWL tonight, and he really has me worried about our RB situation... Plus, I know Turner visited with the Falclowns today, and I REALLY don't want him to end up there.

st.randy

otis
Reaction score

I agree.....I also remember that the Saints had a #1 defense for most of 2000 with Mathis, Molden and Weary at CB. I like the team trying to upgrade the front seven and get solid in the secondary w/o breaking the bank on CB's.

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
I wonder why we haven't arranged any visits w/ any DTs? We can't be content with what we have... right?

GameBreaker

Underrated
Reaction score
After watching the Giants target and abuse Gay in the Super Bowl, I'm not so sure he's a guy that would really improve our secondary all that much. Still though... he'd probably help.

Actually, I think LaBoy would help our pass D alot more than Gay would. We need to get more pressure, and that guy can get after it... I'm hoping we snag him.

It sucks the Dolphins signed Randy Starks, I was hoping for him, but now we'll never get the chance.

The main guy I'm hoping we sign right now is RB Michael Turner. Mike D. was on WWL tonight, and he really has me worried about our RB situation... Plus, I know Turner visited with the Falclowns today, and I REALLY don't want him to end up there.

I don't remember Gay getting abused in the Superbowl. If the Giants targeted anyone in the Pats secondary it was Ellis Hobbs. And the Giants didnt necessarily lite up thePats defense. Gay is a solid 2 and very good nickel and would push David out the lineup.

st.randy

otis
Reaction score
I wonder why we haven't arranged any visits w/ any DTs? We can't be content with what we have... right?

Rumor has it that we are in the conversation with Jacksonville for Stroud............just something I heard. Not being sarcastic BTW........I usually am.

seraph33

always lurking
Reaction score

b/c there are no good DT's on the market after all the franchise tags and trades. We'd be signing someone on par with what we already have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread