Saints in Ripley's Believe It or Not (1 Viewer)

New Orleans uses symbols of the state to represent their sports franchises. While the Saints logo is a “plant” it means much more than some logo on a helmet:

French settlers who founded La Nouvelle Orléans in 1718, in honor of the Kings ancient ties to Orléans, flew a fleur de lys flag, and the fleur became an early symbol of New Orleans.

The Brown Pelican is the state bird, and is also the mascot of our NBA franchise.

It’s funny that folks think that sports franchises should have tough menacing symbols to represent them, but no one says anything about the New York Knickerbockers or the LA Lakers that have no lakes near them. Should have changed the mascot when they left Minny.

And don’t get me started about the Utah Jazz…

I remember long ago someone the Saints were playing commented on the team with flowers on their helmets. I was mad only to realize it is a flower! It still looks very cool to me.

I remember when I found out it was a flower as well and was disappointed a little. But I think it's a Warrior flower?

seems to me that a fleur-de-li is a decorative design or symbol, that purports to look like a lily.

Lol GrubHub. Kid prob only got an 8 pc at Popeyes for that.
I read the story. The father didn't know what happened until a fraud alert came denying a 400 dollar
pizza delivery. When the dad confronted his son, the boy said have the pepperoni pizza's arrived yet?
The dad said I had to leave the room laughing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom