Saints in San Francisco 2010 (1 Viewer)

SaintsGirlForever

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals...

My husband and I are planning on going to the SF game this upcoming seasonn and turning the trip into a nice vacation. I've wanted to hit SF for years and this is the perfect opportunity.

Anyone who has been there - can you please tell me the best place to sit? We really wanna be able to get some stuff signed afterwards if possible, too.

Recommendations on hotels would be appreciated, too.

I'm one of those people who pretty much plans stuff months and months in advance, so I"m trying to gather as much info as possible before the schedule comes out in a few weeks.

Thanks.

Hey guys and gals...

My husband and I are planning on going to the SF game this upcoming seasonn and turning the trip into a nice vacation. I've wanted to hit SF for years and this is the perfect opportunity.

Anyone who has been there - can you please tell me the best place to sit? We really wanna be able to get some stuff signed afterwards if possible, too.

Recommendations on hotels would be appreciated, too.

I'm one of those people who pretty much plans stuff months and months in advance, so I"m trying to gather as much info as possible before the schedule comes out in a few weeks.

Thanks.

I still sorta live in San Francisco from time to time. I am currently in Manhattan. I have Niners season tickets and will be at the game. The tickets for the Saints game will not be cheap on the open market.

The whole experience will be determined by when the game will be during the season. Once the season schedule comes out we will know what to expect. If the game is early during the season and during the day, the weather should be nice. If it is late during the season or at night, then it could be, misty or raining. Bad weather would lead me to buying seats that are covered by the overhanging section above. You won't know the weather ahead of time. My seats are in Lower Reserved 16 (49 yard line) and are covered by the Upper Deck, so rain does not bother me. Seats in the mid numbered rows 5 or higher are covered here.

San Francisco is a great city to visit. It is one of the truly great cities of North America. (The cities I put on this list are New York City, New Orleans, Montreal, Quebec City, Chicago and San Francisco.) One thing about San Francisco that can be strange is the large number of "freaks" in the city. Nothing to be concerned about, but they do exist. On hotels, this will depend on your budget and the number of nights you want to stay. I can give you more information once you have decided this.

On the overall pre-game and post game experience, I would recommend taking a bus from San Francisco to and from the game. This is what we do and you avoid the traffic and parking problems. Depending on where you stay in the city this can be very easy to get to the game. I would also buy a MUNI Pass (public transit) for San Francisco which will cover all of your transportation in the city. You can book an all day tour to Napa/Sonoma if you have time and would like to go to wine country. There are several of these available and they are mostly $60-100 per person. I would not rent a car unless you are going to go out of town because hotel parking is expensive. A cab from the airport runs around $40-50 plus tip. You can also take BART to downtown from the airport for $11.80 per person.

The best seats are in the lower bowl, but not in the strange sections in back of the stands. The seating chart will show these in light blue, upper right, sections 17 and 19. http://prod.static.49ers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/tickets/2010/SeatingChart2010.pdf These seats are partially blocked by the grandstand in front.

I would not worry about planning too much in advance unless there is a convention in town that week. I can give you more information once the schedule comes out. Send me a PM if you would like.

I also have a feeling that this will be a Monday Night Game. It will be interesting to see if I am right once the schedule comes out.

can someone please explain to me how the game is in san francisco? if i recall, the last time the saints played the nfc west was in 2007 and the game was in san francisco and it's supposed to rotate so shouldn't the game be in new orleans this year?

can someone please explain to me how the game is in san francisco? if i recall, the last time the saints played the nfc west was in 2007 and the game was in san francisco and it's supposed to rotate so shouldn't the game be in new orleans this year?

The best I can figure is because in 2008 the Saints and Niners played again because they finished in the same rank in their divisions in 2007 and played in New Orleans. The game this year will flip back to San Francisco. I assume that if the Saints and Niners both win their divisions this year (as I suspect they will) the the game next year will be in New Orleans in 2011. Just a guess as to how this works.

it's kind of the same scenario with the Saints and Bears in 07 and 08. both teams were in 1st place in their divisions in 06 and the game was in Soldier Field. then they played again in 08 at soldier field.

I am planning on being at the game with a bunch of niner fans. I really hope the Saints kill the 49ers. We should all meet up somewhere before the game.

I'll most likely be driving up from the Orange County, CA area.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys at the stadium, either. :9:

San Francisco is a great city to visit. It is one of the truly great cities of North America. (The cities I put on this list are New York City, New Orleans, Montreal, Quebec City, Chicago and San Francisco.)

Very interesting list - great minds must think alike. :D

Montreal is one of my personal favourites, and I've really enjoyed Chicago and New York. My first time in New Orleans (this past January) was great... I guess San Francisco should be next.

Now, if we could get the Saints to play in Quebec City. ;)

I from SF and live across the bay in Union City. Like J.T it really depends on the weather and when they are scheduled to play that going to make the difference on where you want to sit at the stick. One thing to always remember when you visit SF is to bring a "jacket." Hey maybe we can meet up.

My girlfriend and I are planning on making this trip from New Orleans as well.

A bunch of us plan on making this trip from Vancouver via Seattle. I really like S.F. (minus the cost of everything) and have enjoyed the few times I/we have been there to see the Saints.

Hey guys! The game falls on September 20th (A MNF Game)

I live in LA and am a huge Dodgers fan, they play a series in San Fran the 14-16th... AND my birthday lands on September 17th!!!

This is perfect, my initial thoughts are going to be head up for the Dodgers game on Thursday night, spend the weekend in the City and finish my Birthday trip with the Saints on MNF!!

Are there going to be many other Who Dats in the City that weekend for the game?

Would anybody be interested in buying a big block of tickets so we can all sit together?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom