Saints in Sole Possession of the NFCS! (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Yes, it's only Week 1 but every other team in the NFCS lost and we beat a divisional rival. So, in essence, it's like a 1.5 game lead. I'll take it.

Quick observations:

1. Latavius Murray is still a beast. Coach needs to lean more on him.
2. AK speed is still there. He showed some serious bursts at times.
3. We had no preseason and it showed.
4. Even though our O is out of synch, the Offense could have put up 40.
5. Defense showed up with 2 INTs one of which was a pick six, and a blocked FG (which you could attribute to ST).
6. Given 5, it doesn't seem to follow but our defense gives up costly penalties, long runs, and big plays, seemingly every game of the last 3 years. I don't understand it. 30+ and 40+ yard PI calls or just wide open receivers, somebody needs to explain this to me. I think it's something missing in fundamentals, maybe it's coaching.
7. The recovered kick was lagniappe. I loved it.
8. Non-Saints but I watched the Falcons game today and their kicker has the onside kick DOWN to a FREAKING SCIENCE. I hope Coach P is working on defending this, especially after last year's Thanksgiving game where they recovered like 3 in a row.
9. Our O-line is off. I don't know how folks are blaming Brees when he was running for his life and defenders met our rb's in the backfield seemingly all day. Give them more time to gel.
10. I think Coach needs to shelve the throw the ball to AK 4 yards behind the LOS play. DC's have sniffed that one out. I don't think it went for any positive yards.
11. Emmanuel Sanders will pay big dividends if we can figure out how to give Brees more time. He, Thomas, and Cook will cook defenses if you give the Maestro time in the kitchen (time to throw the ball).
12. This is the first game I can recall where EVERYONE picked us to win and we won.
There's LOTS of football left but let's just enjoy this win. I can now watch ALL highlights this week. Looking forward to the torrent so I can rewatch this.

Last edited:
That is great news! Let's start resting starters, and prepare for the post-season!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom