Saints injury report 10-12-16 (1 Viewer)

because it isn't ever going to pay dividends. we're going into Week 6. he hasn't played or practiced since Week 3 of the preseason. that's almost 9 weeks for a quad injury he got while watching his wife give birth. we have 13 guys on IR and we're waiting around for this guy, who's been a walking injury his entire career, to come back from an injury he got on an off week.

i don't even care how good he could potentially be when he plays 4-6 games and inevitably gets hurt again. he's stealing money and taking up a roster spot. otherwise it's a great question. i'd have cut him weeks ago.
Well, they apparently feel that he will, or they would've cut or IR'd him by now.

Maybe they feel he can facilitate a Bob Sanders circa 2008 type run to finish out the season.

Or, by keeping him on the roster, they reduce his snap percentages in preparation for next year, when he will play a role in that year's effort at a reduced salary.

I have no idea really, but it appears that they do.

Why? Why would they sit on him this whole time, waiting for him to get healthy, and then cut him before it ever paid dividends?

So we can bellyache about the dead money.

Hurt his back during the game last week remember?

Another poster said <inside info> that they want Ellerbe 100% healthy so I'm not surprised at this.

They might as well pay him and send him on his way because he hasn't been 100% in 3 years now..........:aargh:

At least we get JL back to chase Cam around all game with no chance to even catch him! sMH.

I'm expected us to get handled ; he hope I'm wrong

This video could help Ellerbe

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eRgwowaVJKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really, really dislike when people blame players when they get hurt. Like they're getting hurt maliciously, faking it to cheat us out of money, or can somehow be blamed if their bodies aren't able to handle it.

If someone hurts themselves doing something wrong? Gets in a fight? Punches a wall in anger and breaks their hand? Or literally can be proven to directly be responsible for hurting themselves when they know their body is basically their way of life? Open season. It's the same regarding a player being out of shape.

But until otherwise told? I hope for the best. If not, it will be just unfortunate for both parties.

So Laurinaitis never missed a game till we hired him. :idunno:

Have you guys ever seen Zoolander? David Duchovny's character with his hand in the glass case?

A friend of mine goes to the gym with a fella who made a glass case for a person's entire body for the Saints. Well. He thinks it was. It has an FDL on it and the inscription reads #blessedtoseeanotherday.

I have another friend who works on Airline. Not in the facility. In a food truck that goes there. And he heard a trainer say "they only open the glass sarcophagus on game days".
aeea9654b2a56575fdcf7f3805206581.jpg

If you can cut Spiller and finally bench Byrd then you should have no problem cutting Ellerbe. He is just a waste of a roster spot.

It's goes back to our wonderful training/medical staff. Doesn't it make anyone wonder just a little why the Saints and Pelicans both have had an unusual amount of injuries every season? I just heard Anthony Davis is injured again.

So Laurinaitis never missed a game till we hired him. :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom