Saints injury report 11-3-16 (1 Viewer)

Listen here B-Train, it's irrational and stupid to trash talk a guy for something he has no control over. If he was just mailing it in with no effort, or if he was badmouthing the organization, I'd say the hate is deserved. But he hasn't done either, so I think the hate for him is unjust

To be fair I don't think anyone hates him...just his Quad

It's the Greenbrier's fault. You didn't know? :rolleyes:

Almost.

See, Sean Payton's girlfriend from the Greenbriar is causing a feud between Payton, Vitt, and the trainers, so not only are our injuries worse than ever, but Vitt isn't coaching up the linebackers, and something something bountygate.

I don't understand how someone doesn't get the sarcasm? The guy is injury prone and has become a joke on the injury report. Not trashing the guy for his play etc. lighten up.

To be fair I don't think anyone hates him...just his Quad

I wish that were the case, but the way people take so many shots at him as a player and as a person, it really seems like they hate him.

I mean saying things like "screw ellerbe, he is trash" doesn't sound like them hating his quad

Hyde missing the game would be a pretty big deal. There is quite a drop off from Hyde to D'Juan Harris and Mike Davis

Yeah, it's SR's favorite pastime. Trash on a guy for something he has no control over.

Cry me a river. This dude is rich beyond his wildest dreams for pulling muscles while his wife gives birth and staying hurt all season. His body is clearly not built to play professional football but I guarantee he won't retire.

Its the dreadlock... They are cursed. Ivory, McKenzie, and now Ellerbe.

Listen here B-Train, it's irrational and stupid to trash talk a guy for something he has no control over. If he was just mailing it in with no effort, or if he was badmouthing the organization, I'd say the hate is deserved. But he hasn't done either, so I think the hate for him is unjust

A guy with his talent level that can never stay on the field? It can possibly be his fault. Is he taking care of his body? Does he do the things in the offseason to avoid injuries? You expect fans to be ok with a roster spot being held up for a guy that misses weeks and can't even play one game when he comes back? Players can't control injuries from contact, but sometimes non-contact injuries come from a lack of conditioning or sometimes a player isn't tough enough to play through injuries. I remember Emmit Smith killing the Giants with a Shoulder injury that he could barely move his arm from. No fumbles, bunch of yards, and the Cowboys won. It's always something with this guy.

A guy with his talent level that can never stay on the field? It can possibly be his fault. Is he taking care of his body? Does he do the things in the offseason to avoid injuries? You expect fans to be ok with a roster spot being held up for a guy that misses weeks and can't even play one game when he comes back? Players can't control injuries from contact, but sometimes non-contact injuries come from a lack of conditioning or sometimes a player isn't tough enough to play through injuries. I remember Emmit Smith killing the Giants with a Shoulder injury that he could barely move his arm from. No fumbles, bunch of yards, and the Cowboys won. It's always something with this guy.

For the record he did say he changed his diet along with other things to help him stay on the field.

"First thing they don't understand I'm not trying to get hurt, first of all," Ellerbe said. "I mean, it's not like I go on the field, 'OK, I want to hurt myself.' It's something that happened, it's part of the game."

"I need to be out there," he said. "I missed too much time already. I changed everything about my diet and now I did a lot of steps to stay from being in the training room. Now, I feel like I'm close, I mean, we don't want to do nothing prematurely, but I feel like I'm good."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/10/saints_lb_dannell_ellerbe_cate.html

For the record he did say he changed his diet along with other things to help him stay on the field.

Saints LB Dannell Ellerbe categorizes rehab progress as 'leaps and bounds' | NOLA.com

See what I'm saying EJ? If people were just upset that he's unavailable I wouldn't have said anything. But people here like to make it personal.

Sucks because we've seen how in the past players and players' families visit this board and I'd hate for them to get the impression that this is the way the fan base feels.

Am I bummed that he's been missing so much time and not contributing to the team? Absolutely. But I don't have any negative feelings towards him as a person.

I agree with this statement one hundred percent.

Thank You for a thoughtful, rational and intelligent statement concerning Ellerbe and his injuries.I think these fans seem to forget that football is a tough and violent sport and injuries come with playing the game. From all these Ellerbe hate posts it makes you wonder do these fans who make these post really believe that any player wants to be hurt and lose the potential for a big pay day because of there injuries or heaven forbid be crippled for life.

Football players know the risk of playing football but they play the game because of the money they can make plus the game and love to compete with the best players.
Anyone in there right mind know no player wants be injured and unable to play the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom