Saints Injury Report 12/2, unchanged (1 Viewer)

Redjem

Editor, Writer, Podcast Host and SR Twitter Ninja
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Official_Saints: Payton announced Thurs. Injury Report: RB Thomas (ankle) & LB Waters (ankle) – limited; RB Betts (neck) - did not practice

jeffduncantp: Saints' injury report was identical to yesterday.

wwltvsports: Same injury report as yesterday for Saints. P Thomas (ankle) limited, A Waters (ankle) limited, L Betts (neck) DNP

Payton was asked about whether he fines players for tweets and he said no. Asked if he'd like to fine media, he said, "I'd love to."....
He laughed, certainly. But is there a bit of truth to it? You betcha.

Man, PT is limited at 90%? I hope this just means that Payton is giving him a lot of snaps off to save him and not that he's really limited in practice. When I hear that a player is 90%, I think who isn't at this point in the season. They're all have some kind of bumps and bruises.

If PT is still limited tomorrow, I think that tells us he won't be suiting up this week.

I am kind of wondering if Payton and PT dont have something going in order to give PT alot of time off and then insert PT at the right moment to make a huge run into the playoffs.

Man, PT is limited at 90%? I hope this just means that Payton is giving him a lot of snaps off to save him and not that he's really limited in practice. When I hear that a player is 90%, I think who isn't at this point in the season. They're all have some kind of bumps and bruises.

True, but if you can afford to give the rest he needs and get him back to 100%. His fresh legs will be quite beneficial to us the rest of the way.

I am kind of wondering if Payton and PT dont have something going in order to give PT alot of time off and then insert PT at the right moment to make a huge run into the playoffs.

Highly doubtful...the team needs to treat every game like a playoff game. If you're healthy, you're playing.

On another note....This is about as great of an injury report that you'll ever see in week 13 of an NFL regular season.

Pierre's case is a little different from Reggie. Reggie had a broken bone, once it is healed, case close. We still dont know WTH Pierre had, and there could easily be a set back if it is overly taxed. So Im sure they are just playing it safe to make sure he is getting some reps and building up his condition, but not over doing it. Like I said yesterday, I doubt he plays Sunday but Im am positive he will be full go come Rams.

I'm much more inclined to believe that he isn't REALLY 90%.

Probably a lot closer to about 70%. :(

I'm still thinking it'll be the Rams game before Pierre hits the field. Maybe even later than that.

PT is probably not coming back until the Rams or Ravens.

Its not imperative that PT plays this week. I wouldn't mind him taking one more week off to work on his conditioning and further strengthening that ankle.

I'd rather sit him one more week than to rush him back out there a week early and risk a setback. But if he's ready to go, then welcome back PT... we miss you bro!!

For those that wanted to see the Bengals Injury Report:

Official_Bengals: Marvin Lewis announced Thurs. Injury Report: Entire Team: Bruised Ego

According to NFL.com here's their injury report:

Brandon Ghee Groin Did Not Participate In Practice -- Second string CB

Antwan Odom Wrist Did Not Participate In Practice -- Second string DE

Terrell Owens Illness Did Not Participate In Practice -- Starting WR

Roy Williams Head Full Participation in Practice -- Starting SS

Johnathan Joseph Ankle Limited Participation in Practice -- Starting CB

Rico Murray Ankle Limited Participation in Practice -- 2nd String CB

Pat Sims Knee Limited Participation in Practice -- Starting DT

Andrew Whitworth Knee Limited Participation in Practice -- Starting LT

Looks like that defense is hurting pretty bad and we should be able to exploit it through the pass. Not to mention if their starting DT is limited...this could give Brees more time in the pocket to pick them apart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom