Saints Injury Report 12/2, unchanged (1 Viewer)

PT's injury was more serious in a lot of ways than Reggie's injury. Reggie's fracture simply needed time to heal up.. The bone that he broke isn't a weight/load bearing bone, and the healing process wasn't so much about rehab as it was time. PT's injury (ligament tearing/sprain) is more signifigant, and more difficult to heal up properly. There's more rehab involved.. So, they're going to be cautious with him. I think he has a 50/50 chance at getting a few reps this weekend, and, will be full tilt for the next game.

Travis

P Thomas will probably be a field time decision
When Payton sees how the footing is in Cinn he will decide on PT
No sense bringing him back on a bad field

According to NFL.com here's their injury report:

Brandon Ghee Groin Did Not Participate In Practice -- Second string CB

Antwan Odom Wrist Did Not Participate In Practice -- Second string DE

Terrell Owens Illness Did Not Participate In Practice -- Starting WR

Roy Williams Head Full Participation in Practice -- Starting SS

Johnathan Joseph Ankle Limited Participation in Practice -- Starting CB

Rico Murray Ankle Limited Participation in Practice -- 2nd String CB

Pat Sims Knee Limited Participation in Practice -- Starting DT

Andrew Whitworth Knee Limited Participation in Practice -- Starting LT

Looks like that defense is hurting pretty bad and we should be able to exploit it through the pass. Not to mention if their starting DT is limited...this could give Brees more time in the pocket to pick them apart.

thats interesting.....here is what I got from bengals.com

Name Position Injury Wed. Thu. Fri. Game Status
Ghee, Brandon DB Groin DNP DNP - -
Gresham, Jermaine TE Non-injury related - DNP - -
Joseph, Johnathan CB Ankle LP FP - -
Murray, Rico CB Ankle LP FP - -
Odom, Antwan DE Wrist DNP Out - Out
Sims, Pat DT Knee LP LP - -
Whitworth, Andrew T Knee LP LP - -
Williams, Roy S Head FP FP

so no TO
Jospeh and Murray on bengals.com Full Practice yet NFL says Limited....

PT's injury was more serious in a lot of ways than Reggie's injury. Reggie's fracture simply needed time to heal up.. The bone that he broke isn't a weight/load bearing bone, and the healing process wasn't so much about rehab as it was time. PT's injury (ligament tearing/sprain) is more signifigant, and more difficult to heal up properly. There's more rehab involved.. So, they're going to be cautious with him. I think he has a 50/50 chance at getting a few reps this weekend, and, will be full tilt for the next game.

Travis

Actually I think PT's injury SHOULD have been not as serious, but the initial diagnosis got flubbed up. They were trying to rehab when all the time he should have been in a boot and off his ankle. The 4th doctor that he finally saw told him to just stay off it for a few weeks and let it heal, case closed. If they would have gotten it right from the jump, PT would have been out maybe 4-5 weeks....maybe 6 tops. Oh well, it is what it is.

Torn/stretched ligaments take time to heal.. I've dealt with rotator cuff problems since I was a kid..

Travis

Just got finished watching some games before PT got hurt. I'm a big fan of his and even I forget how good he is. We really need him back ASAP.

thats interesting.....here is what I got from bengals.com

Name Position Injury Wed. Thu. Fri. Game Status
Ghee, Brandon DB Groin DNP DNP - -
Gresham, Jermaine TE Non-injury related - DNP - -
Joseph, Johnathan CB Ankle LP FP - -
Murray, Rico CB Ankle LP FP - -
Odom, Antwan DE Wrist DNP Out - Out
Sims, Pat DT Knee LP LP - -
Whitworth, Andrew T Knee LP LP - -
Williams, Roy S Head FP FP

so no TO
Jospeh and Murray on bengals.com Full Practice yet NFL says Limited....

Bengals place DE Odom on injured reserve with broken wrist

In yet another blow to the 2-9 Cincinnati Bengals, defensive end Antwan Odom was placed on season-ending injured reserve Thursday because of a wrist ailment, according to the team's official website.

Odom is the fourth Bengal to go on IR in the last two weeks, joining defensive tackle Tank Johnson, safety Chris Crocker and defensive lineman Frostee Rucker -- all of whom have knee injuries.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-de-odom-on-injured-reserve-with-broken-wrist

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom