Saint's Interested in Balmer? (1 Viewer)

Sporting News:

Bottom line: Balmer is a fast riser. He was barely on scouts' radars before last season but played much better in '07. Balmer is a good athlete with the size and strength to be difference-maker, but his production is not nearly as good as his potential. He almost certainly will be drafted higher than we have him graded because he is sure to shine in pre-draft workouts, but he is a classic underachiever who will struggle to produce in the NFL.

didn't we draft a WR last year who only had 1 good season in college???....now Balmer might end up being a HOF'er but i do not think this guy is gonna come in and make a difference with our D....he seems like he would be a project if drafted....no please pass

Ridiculous. If we are indeed after a fix at DT then go get the best one out there. The guy from USC Ellis is who I am talking about. A DT from UNC? Erghh...

I wouldnt be mad at the Balmer pick cause we need a shot of youth at DT, but I thought we also needed a pass rush? I dont think he would give us that consistent pass rush that an Ellis or Dorsey would, Trevor Laws might be a better pick in the later rounds, Balmer looks to be the guy who sacks the QB by pushing the guard back into the QB, not because he has quick hands and quick feet, but I may be wrong....wouldnt jump for joy for the pick, but I wouldnt be upset either.

I wouldnt be mad at the Balmer pick cause we need a shot of youth at DT, but I thought we also needed a pass rush? I dont think he would give us that consistent pass rush that an Ellis or Dorsey would, Trevor Laws might be a better pick in the later rounds, Balmer looks to be the guy who sacks the QB by pushing the guard back into the QB, not because he has quick hands and quick feet, but I may be wrong....wouldnt jump for joy for the pick, but I wouldnt be upset either.
I would rather have Laws in the 3rd than Balmer in the 2nd. Balmer scares me.

They just showed Balmer on 'Total Access', doing his workout (maybe they will put it on NFL.com later and I can post the link)...

He looked pretty good (believe it or not)...he moved well for his size and had nimble feet.

Never heard of him. I'm not one to discount someone before getting proper info on the guy, but this would be an interesting choice. I remember Mel Kiper had us taking him in his mocks.

Listen to the quote in the vid: "Mike Mayock says he only goes full-tilt." Doesn't sound like Sully to me. :D

I know that everyone is scared of this guy being a one year wonder, but he is a ball player.

He has all the physical tools that the Saints need as a pass rushing DT.

Isn't that what they said about Meachem? Please no more high risk low reward players!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom