Saints interested in DeAngelo? (1 Viewer)

Would you really want the Falcons to have two top 10 picks in the 2008 draft? That's insane.

Yes, they'll probably pick Darren Mcfadden at #3 whether we trade or not, we'll just dictate which QB they can pick (and that QB will have no legit threat at WR to throw to) so hopefully its a bad pick and cost them cap space. :D

I don't see any way that the Falcons are going to get a #1 for Hall. He is not worth even a low first round pick. They may ask for it, but in the end it might be a second round pick. But tell you what, I will send them a second and if Hall has at least 10 interceptions and makes the pro bowl it can escalate to a first next season. Thats about the only way....at least he would have to have a great season for us to give up the first.

Trading a high first round pick to a division rival for a troubled CB who has lived on nothing but potential the past two years would be the dumbest move we've made since the Sullivan deal.

Trading a high first round pick to a division rival for a troubled CB who has lived on nothing but potential the past two years would be the dumbest move we've made since the Sullivan deal.

+1 Bonch. If we are going to give up a #10 player, D. Hall is not the guy worth it. Keep the pick and pay Samuel if you want to blow cap money. 1 year on a contract is not enough to give up a #10 player. Now Asomugha would be different, but I would be hesitant to give up 2 #1's for him.

No! to trade for Hall.

He'd cost a game or 2 each year from his temper trantums and "unsportsman like" penalties.

Sorry to threadjack - here's something else interesting I found from that same website (keep scrolling on the rumor page)

Mike Turner's (Chargers tailback) people are not happy here in Indy. Apparently his agent has been told precisely what I expected -- the draft is loaded with tailbacks and teams in dire need at running back will draft one. The one team that might be his buyer is New Orleans, because Deuce's recovery has hit some snags, according to their trainers. The Steelers like Turner alot, but they don't like the numbers he is looking for. Arizona, reportedly, loves him but can't afford to even buy groceries on their cap. They just had to cut three players to get a little wiggle room.

It's gonna be intresting to see what SD looks like without Turner giving LT a breather and Lorenzo Neal no longer opening up holes and taking the 1st hit.

I can't believe that they will let Neal go.

Per : San Diego U-T
The Chargers will be trying to trade fullback Lorenzo Neal and will begin contract talks with strong safety Clinton Hart. Neal's agent and Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith confirmed yesterday that the team will attempt to trade the fullback rather than release him. "I talked with Coach (Norv) Turner, Lorenzo and (agent) Steve Feldman regarding his future," Smith said. "We will explore trade opportunities and see if anything works out for all parties. Lo is under contract for three more years. As always, we will do what's in the best interest of the Chargers." Neal, 37, asked to be released because he knows his role on the team will be reduced in 2008, if the Chargers decide to keep him. When Smith declined an immediate release, Neal asked to be traded. -- San Diego U-T

No! to trade for Hall.

He'd cost a game or 2 each year from his temper trantums and "unsportsman like" penalties.

If he was on a contender, he might have a better attitude.

Just my 2 cents, but I would trade for a proven commodity over anyone that might be at #10. That includes the 'mighty' Dorsey! Dorsey could be the next Sullivan.

And to add one more thing. He's a better corner than anything we've got.

Just my 2 cents, but I would trade for a proven commodity over anyone that might be at #10.

He's not a proven commodity though, which is the inherent problem. He has a lot of talent, so do a lot of players we could draft at #10, but his attitude, coachability, and consistency on the playing field are severely in question and anyone trading for him is doing quite a bit of "projecting" like you just did, hoping he "might" have a better attitude on a contender.

This isn't Champ Bailey or even Mike McKenzie (who we got for a 2nd rounder). DeAngelo Hall is a project, in some ways more-so then even a rookie.

If he was on a contender, he might have a better attitude.

Just my 2 cents, but I would trade for a proven commodity over anyone that might be at #10. That includes the 'mighty' Dorsey! Dorsey could be the next Sullivan.

And to add one more thing. He's a better corner than anything we've got.

Hall's proven he can have one good year in 2005, be average in 2006, and get beat like a drum in 2007. Hardly a "proven commodity."

CB's are in high demand so someone will give up way to much for this guy. They can have him. And he is not a better corner then MM for the record.

Its just nuts that you'd rather have Hall over Dorsey or Ellis. Just nuts.

Hall's proven he can have one good year in 2005, be average in 2006, and get beat like a drum in 2007. Hardly a "proven commodity."

CB's are in high demand so someone will give up way to much for this guy. They can have him. And he is not a better corner then MM for the record.

Its just nuts that you'd rather have Hall over Dorsey or Ellis. Just nuts.

He is a better CB than Mckenzie....who are you to say if he's not? Are you a GM?

I guarantee he would be worth more on the open market than MM.

MM is good.

Who has more int's since Hall came into the league? I don't know, but to venture a guess.....I would say Hall.

Do you have a crystal ball on Dorsey or Ellis' future?

He's not a proven commodity though, which is the inherent problem. He has a lot of talent, so do a lot of players we could draft at #10, but his attitude, coachability, and consistency on the playing field are severely in question and anyone trading for him is doing quite a bit of "projecting" like you just did, hoping he "might" have a better attitude on a contender.

This isn't Champ Bailey or even Mike McKenzie (who we got for a 2nd rounder). DeAngelo Hall is a project, in some ways more-so then even a rookie.

My question to you.....what does it take to prove yourself? Doesn't a couple of probowls do it? Again, he's better than anyone we currently have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom