Saints interested in Gonzalez at TE? (1 Viewer)

I heard he wanted to be the highest paid TE in the NFL...I think I heard Mort say that last week on Countdown....no thanks - gimme LBs and CBs

Tony is older, but still very productive. That said, I'd much rather take Clark Harris in the draft this year with a 4th round pick.

There should be some very good TE's available in free agency. Topping the class would be Tony Gonzales, Daniel Graham and Eric Johnson. Hopefully we can pick up one of the top guys at TE, as well as MLB and CB.

There should be some very good TE's available in free agency. Topping the class would be Tony Gonzales, Daniel Graham and Eric Johnson. Hopefully we can pick up one of the top guys at TE, as well as MLB and CB.

Well, we'll cover several problem areas from the draft. The question we must answer is do we have enough money for both Nate Clements and Tony Gonzalez and whether or not we can still afford to resign Charles Grant afterwards. There'll be some interesting names and interesting decisions this year.

Gonzalez is gonna want a lot of money since this would probably be his last contract. I was thinking going the cheaper route like a Daniel Graham. Eric Johnson would be a good addition also but he seems to get injured quite a bit. We'll see. I'm sure TE will be a priority this offseason.

Well, we'll cover several problem areas from the draft. The question we must answer is do we have enough money for both Nate Clements and Tony Gonzalez and whether or not we can still afford to resign Charles Grant afterwards. There'll be some interesting names and interesting decisions this year.

I think with the increased cap (I have talked about his many times before) there will be plenty of room to re-sign Grant and sign a couple high profile free agents...... Lance Briggs, Kawika Mitchell, Cato June, Nate Clements, Nick Harper, Asante Samuel, David Macklin, Daniel Graham, Tony Gonzales, Eric Johnson, Jerramy Stevens.... Could be a pretty good free agent class next year.

I think with the increased cap (I have talked about his many times before) there will be plenty of room to re-sign Grant and sign a couple high profile free agents...... Lance Briggs, Kawika Mitchell, Cato June, Nate Clements, Nick Harper, Asante Samuel, David Macklin, Daniel Graham, Tony Gonzales, Eric Johnson, Jerramy Stevens.... Could be a pretty good free agent class next year.

I would be very happy with a tight end who can block great and catch great. He doesn't need to stretch the field or be a threat in that way. Just catch the ball when you're hit with it. Campell dropping two TDs in a row did not sit well with me at all...

Please, just find a TE that can catch the ball and block like a beast. Tony would be a VERY HUGE upgrade, but I wouldn't want him unless he has a firm understanding what his role would be in our offense and if the price was right.

Pure speculation.... Any team that doesn't have a Gates, Heap, Shockey, etc. might be interested in him.

I don't care...its still a nice thought. Think about it. Drew, Horn, Colston, Deuce, Reggie, Gonzales.

deuce in the backfield with Holn, Colston and Reggie split wide then you have gonzales...if we pick him up I think I would cry...really.:D

Hopefully as soon as free agency starts he is the first guy they bring in and throw a contract at him right away that he can't refuse.

He'd be an excellent pick up...but I just don't see the Chiefs letting him go.

I'd rather get Daniel Graham... He's younger, a better blocker, and much, much CHEAPER. We need to save our cap space to sign Charles Grant, Nate Clements, and Lance Briggs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom